Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving home tonight, dual carriageway has had roadworks for ages where it goes from one lane in to two. Vast majority of people are just sitting in the inside lane of the dual carriageway in a huge long queue, instead of driving down a bit more and filtering in turn. Don't get me wrong, if it's a shortish queue I'll get in line, but not when there's a two mile queue and loads of dual carriageway not being used. SO.....I drive down the outside nearer to the single lane bit, start indicating and slowing down for a suitable gap to blend in...

...white van man decides this will simply not do, pulls about 1/3 of the way across in to outside lane JUST befor I get level with him (bear in mind I'm doing about 30 plus at this point, forcing me to go off the road on to concrete verge way out of my lane. I just get past him and stop in front - shaking at this point. I turn round in seat to suggest that he may occasionally be partial to masturbation. That's about it really. The clever bit, he did it in a works van with their number on the side. I'm just contemplating what, if anything to do. I could understand it if I had tried to push my way in at the last minute, but being literally driven off the road I don't appreciate.

Serious thoughts please......('other than burn him and his family'!)

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
In all honesty bud I get fucked off when people can see there is a queue and then still go down the empty lane and try to cut in.

I'm not saying that matey was right to do what he did but I can see where he would get his frustration from.

Not saying you were in the wrong either, just saying I can see why people react like that.

·
Registered
15,060 Posts
MacTosh said:
In all honesty bud I get fucked off when people can see there is a queue and then still go down the empty lane and try to cut in.

I'm not saying that matey was right to do what he did but I can see where he would get his frustration from.

Not saying you were in the wrong either, just saying I can see why people react like that.
Exactly my thoughts. No offense meant to you though at all. :)

·
Registered
18,968 Posts
Happens all the bloody time on my way home :rolleyes:

2 lanes are there to be used, and if people did actually have any road sense then they would know that using both lanes would actually cause less of a traffic build-up :mad: :mad:

You did nowt wrong ;)

·
Registered
34,511 Posts
Ugly Bloke said:
He is in a bigger vehicle than yours, a vehicle that he does not pay for. Therefore he wins.
:D

MacTosh said:

Good lord i agree with you both!

·
Registered
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MacTosh said:

Indeed, I too can understand it to a point, but when there's two miles of outside lane, and two miles of queue for no reason other than people are queueing, jeez people, just merge in turn! The forcing me off the road I feel was too dangerous for words though.

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
kvwloon said:
Indeed, I too can understand it to a point, but when there's two miles of outside lane, and two miles of queue for no reason other than people are queueing, jeez people, just merge in turn! The forcing me off the road I feel was too dangerous for words though.
Yeh that was a twatish thing to do, agreed.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
the highway code says you should use both lanes and merge in turn.

You were in the right, all the muppets sat there queing then refusing to let anyone in are in the wrong.

Traffic would flow much better if people did merge properly, sadly most people view driving as some kind of competition, so the chances of anyone sticking to the "merge in turn" rule are slim. Mainly because they are shit drivers.

·
Registered
11,610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
twoinadub said:
If you got his number ring his boss. and dont forget to exaggerate a bit on how bad his driving was :D
That's what I'm considering, dangerous c#nt! No need for it.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
you were in the right theres a filter for a reason

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
empi pervert said:

2 lanes are there to be used, and if people did actually have any road sense then they would know that using both lanes would actually cause less of a traffic build-up :mad: :mad:

You did nowt wrong ;)
well said mate,
and mark was right to pop down that outer lane in my opinion

Mif

·
Holy Calamity
67,056 Posts
Every morning on the way to work in my last job I'd have to cross the Runcorn-Widnes bridge. The traffic leading up to it on the main route over backs up over half a mile, easily.

In the INSIDE LANE.

The OTHER lane is usually totally empty. WHY?! Who would choose to sit in half a mile of queue when there's an empty lane to the right?! Lots of people obviously.

But not me... So every morning I'd slowly (20mph) drive down the outside of the queue, and then merge in where the lanes meet just before the bridge, saving myself an easy 15 minutes over those who decide to queue.

Even allowing for the fact that a large number of people were too self-important to let me in (despite not doing anything wrong) and would shake their heads etc, it was always worth it.

Of course, in a battle scarred £20 Corsa, you're ALWAYS going to win - someone always leaves a gap, you slowly pull into it and they try to shut the door, so you act stupid and just slowly keep moving over. And keep moving... They always let you in eventually :D

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
1,980 Posts
sorry if its been said but my eyes arent working well enough to read the whole thread but why do people not use both lanes. if the roadworkers wanted the lane to be closed earlier on they would have done it (does that make sense?) use both the bloody lanes til you get to the closure then filter in by turn!!! our right i hate it too and ive had it done to me!! if they are twats that want to sit in a queue and make it longer than it has to be, then do it, im not gonna!!

nykxx

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
How close to the point of the lanes going down to one were you? If you were within 300 metres or less I wouldn't have pulled out a third, I would have blocked the whole lane!!
However, if you had loads of space left then he was just being a dick.
If everyone merges in turn at 150m it causes a nightmare, if everyone merges when the signs start it keeps everything running smoothly.
I see this all the time, 90% of people indicate and merge when the signs warn them and then the other wankers try and piss by and merge at the cones. Well they don't EVER get in front of me, we all read the signs, if you wanna get in front of me pal you're gonna have to take my front wing too!!!!!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
empi pervert said:

You did nowt wrong ;)
sorry but NO! this happens all the time on the A57 into sheffield, if witte van man blocks the outside lane the traffic moves quicker than whan twats thin k we are siittin in the inside lane for the good of our health and can cut in cos theyve got "the right"

·
Registered
15,060 Posts
mr scoops said:
How close to the point of the lanes going down to one were you? If you were within 300 metres or less I wouldn't have pulled out a third, I would have blocked the whole lane!!
However, if you had loads of space left then he was just being a dick.
If everyone merges in turn at 150m it causes a nightmare, if everyone merges when the signs start it keeps everything running smoothly.
I see this all the time, 90% of people indicate and merge when the signs warn them and then the other wankers try and piss by and merge at the cones. Well they don't EVER get in front of me, we all read the signs, if you wanna get in front of me pal you're gonna have to take my front wing too!!!!!
Well said. :hangloose

It's when people do it with a queue jumping approach that it pisses people off.

·
Holy Calamity
67,056 Posts
ratter said:
sorry but NO! this happens all the time on the A57 into sheffield, if witte van man blocks the outside lane the traffic moves quicker than whan twats thin k we are siittin in the inside lane for the good of our health and can cut in cos theyve got "the right"
But they HAVE got "the right" :lol: That's why there's TWO LANES! Not to "cut in" aggressively, but to use the carriageway as intended.

Why DO you sit in the inside line for aaaaages, when if you followed the recommendations in the Highway Code you could save yourself a load of time?

Weird.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts