Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had my car MOT'd last week and fortunately it flew through with no advisories, which I suppose it should do as i'd not even covered 1000 miles since the last one! which made me think I need to put some miles on it again so I'm planning on a road trip some time in October/November, thinking of France and possibly into Spain but have no idea where and what route to take. Does anyone know of a website for decent road trip routes with recommended hotels to stay in? I'd prefer to stay as coastal as possible, rather stick to a max of 6 hrs a day driving, any tips/recommendations appreciated, where would you head to?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I would stay in Aires - google it. They are small stopover campsites/parking in rural villages where there is usually a vineyard, cheese maker etc. The idea is that you stay for pretty much nothing and you may buy some nice food, wine etc.

We’ve always headed directly to the south via the route du napoleon, through the gorges du verdon to Nice then followed the coast road all the way along. There are plenty of places to stay along the way

James

·
Administrator
166,831 Posts
I had my car MOT'd last week and fortunately it flew through with no advisories, which I suppose it should do as i'd not even covered 1000 miles since the last one! which made me think I need to put some miles on it again so I'm planning on a road trip some time in October/November, thinking of France and possibly into Spain but have no idea where and what route to take. Does anyone know of a website for decent road trip routes with recommended hotels to stay in? I'd prefer to stay as coastal as possible, rather stick to a max of 6 hrs a day driving, any tips/recommendations appreciated, where would you head to?
When we did the 'Margate2Monaco' moped trip we stayed in F1 Hotels and Ibis Hotels - very basic, but cheap.

Loads of them throughout France.

Good luck, safe travels. :)

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Another option:
We've (twice) travelled down from Portsmouth to Bilbao/Santander and back on the ferry. It's not cheap, but 24hrs and you're in Spain with your car.

The northern coast of Spain, and inland areas are stunning.

We have been over the Pyrenees into France and back on one trip. The second, we did Bilbao>Barcelona>Valencia>Bilbao.

A few pics:

What will you be doing the trip in? :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts