Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the script with the 'roller' throttle pedal. My 'Organ pedal' is completely goosed and I'm looking for an alternative that gives a little more 'Feel' when planting the right foot.

I notice that some members have used skateboard wheels etc. Does this do the trick? Is it a straight forward fix?

Haven't really committed myself but have tricked up the pedal assembly a bit and am getting it chromed...just need to decide on the accelerator...

Suggestions/comments anybody......?

thanks

chris

PS Before any of you [email protected] have a pop......I'm too old to be a skateboarder and I can't afford a trick billet alloy pedal assembly :incheek:

·
Highly Respected Member
2,651 Posts
I fitted a roller skate wheel to my 64, it gives great feel and is smooth in operation. as I have the early linkage I removed the short piece that links the pedal to the main rod and the pedal. I fitted a length of steel which I drilled two holes in, this was to set the wheel at the right height, otherwise it would have been too low, and I used an length of M6 threaded rod cut to size to bolt the lot together. Not sure how easy it would be to do to the later pedal assembly though, but should be dooable

·
Registered
690 Posts
cut away all the organ pedal stuff from infront of the pedal spindle,
take out the accelerator spine & cut off the end with the little roller on it.
weld on a new plate with a hole in the end at the correct height for your foot,
weld M6 or M8 nut to the back (brake side) of the plate depending on wheel used,
put wheel (your choice of which type) onto bolt then thread on nut till the roller doest roll, wind this thro the nut welded on the plate & tighten the nut onto the plate (freeing up the roller) a bit of trial & error to get it right but you'll get teh idea.
Oh - paint before installing it.
Sorted !!

·
Registered
8,924 Posts
If your not too worried about looks just use the placky roller on the pedal arm like i am.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.