Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any sugestions what i should do to my 1303. (dont say scrap it!)

the front quarter panels are totaly rotten :( and i cant afford the 1000+ quid each for new ones :eek: I was thinking ither changing the frame head for a ball joint or link pin one and fitting a flip front (maybe a baja type one) or fabricating a inboard shock setup like uva used to have on the montage kit car

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
Tommy.D said:
any sugestions what i should do to my 1303. (dont say scrap it!)

the front quarter panels are totaly rotten :( and i cant afford the 1000+ quid each for new ones :eek: I was thinking ither changing the frame head for a ball joint or link pin one and fitting a flip front (maybe a baja type one) or fabricating a inboard shock setup like uva used to have on the montage kit car
£2000! mate, i think you know the answer!. part that puppy out! :)

·
Registered
13,088 Posts
give it to me :D

i always say no matter how F***ed it is, piece of cake :hangloose

i think we need pictures to determin how rotten it is, i am no longer affraid of any sort of welding/fabrication, long as there is something there to look at as an idea of what needs to be made from some fresh metal the welder and grinder, its all good :hangloose

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i thought someone would say that! i would have if i hadent just spent the last 6 months replacing the heat excangers door pillars..... maybe i should have priced the front panels first :eek:

and it was supposed to be a quick tidy up for a daily driver. hmn ive heard that one before

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bugsy_Malone 666 said:
give it to me :D

i always say no matter how F***ed it is, piece of cake :hangloose

i think we need pictures to determin how rotten it is, i am no longer affraid of any sort of welding/fabrication, long as there is something there to look at as an idea of what needs to be made from some fresh metal the welder and grinder, its all good :hangloose
unfortunatly its been patched so many times before their isnt much left to use as a referance. i did start cutting out the patches and welding in new metal properly but once i got to the reinforcment panels i kind of ran out of enthusim

I have photos but im not sure how i can get them on here?

·
Registered
13,088 Posts
Tommy.D said:
unfortunatly its been patched so many times before their isnt much left to use as a referance. i did start cutting out the patches and welding in new metal properly but once i got to the reinforcment panels i kind of ran out of enthusim

I have photos but im not sure how i can get them on here?
so had my 1302, have a look at this thread which is the build up on my 1302, i havent finished it yet because i been to busy on my van, have a look at the blogs on my space(see signiture at the bottom) to see what i did with that thing.

hope this might be a bit inspiring :)

·
Registered
19,789 Posts
thirteen-o-two said:
A grand a side is way too much for fixing your 1303!!!!!!!!!!

Trust me I have had a few and put new floor and channels into our 1303 cab

Find a 'non piss extraction sponsored' garage ;)
That's what the front 1/4 panels cost to buy!!!!

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Tommy.D said:
any sugestions what i should do to my 'totally rotten' 1303. (dont say scrap it!)
Sorry dude, my only advice is to scrap it! :p

Good luck with whatever you decide though, if the car is important enough to you then go for it.

:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yikes and i thought the heat exchangers on my car were rotten!

i think ill finish the rest of the body work first to give me time too decide what to do to the front + save some cash to do it

·
Registered
13,088 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks for that link Nige :) i think i might be able to stretch to that

They must have come down in price recently coz it was only a couple of months ago i checked and they were 1150 each :eek:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice cabrio hopefully mine will look somthing like that this time next year
Another thing my 03 was originally painted metallic green (viper green?) someone told me it was only specil edition 1303S's that had that colour, any one know if thats right? one for the buffers maybe

1 - 20 of 23 Posts