Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few snapshots taken from the Reservoir dubs Route 38 meet yesterday.

Again, well done OP and the others for organising it and keeping it going :)

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
benjyhas said:
I didn't make it this month. Doesn't appear to be as many as there have been at previous meets?? Anyone else noticing this? Is it just due to winter approaching? :confused:
It was the quietest so far but it's up to us to keep patronising the event if it's gonna stay busy.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
benjyhas said:
I didn't make it this month. Doesn't appear to be as many as there have been at previous meets?? Anyone else noticing this? Is it just due to winter approaching? :confused:
It clashed with Spirit of Air this time, and we were.. erm late :eek: so lots of folks had gone by the time we got there! Was a good meet, nice to put some faces to names and catch up with friends :D

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was indeed nice to meet some new people. Was especially pleased to meet 2 bob as he never fails to make me chuckle!

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
girlofleisure said:
It was the quietest so far but it's up to us to keep patronising the event if it's gonna stay busy.
Completely agree with you. When my orange bug's back on the road I'll get my girlfriend to drive my beige '68 so that'll bump the no's up a bit. There's a lot of cool VW's in and around Tavi that could make an appearance in the future. I'll get onto everyone! :)

Is it possible to incorporate a cruise with the meet? Don't know about everyone else but at other meets I've been to the cruise in a convy is the highlight for me!

·
Banned
12,512 Posts
benjyhas said:
Completely agree with you. When my orange bug's back on the road I'll get my girlfriend to drive my beige '68 so that'll bump the no's up a bit. There's a lot of cool VW's in and around Tavi that could make an appearance in the future. I'll get onto everyone! :)

Is it possible to incorporate a cruise with the meet? Don't know about everyone else but at other meets I've been to the cruise in a convy is the highlight for me!
I LOVE cruisin!! Great idea. :hangloose :D

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Cheers guys for making the effort again, esp GOL for coming all the way from Taunton each time, you rock girl :D Glad you made it back OK :hug:

Yeah wasn't anywhere as busy as the previous 3 due to Spirit Of Air and a local classic car shows. Even so I had a great time and met a few new people. I did even manage to get something to eat this time due to how quiet it was :hangloose

I've aready had emails from most the south west clubs asking when the November one so that looks like a well busy one again. So put it in your diaries November 19th Hopefully they'll be a small swap meet too ;)

OP

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
girlofleisure said:
I LOVE cruisin!! Great idea. :hangloose :D
saw you driving over the saltash bridge with the kiddies in the back at about 12.30. I waved away at you but i was in an 03 polo so I don't think you saw me!

Who else would like to add a cruise to the route 38 meet?

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Yeah I think he's fairly local to Plymouth mate :cool: One day I'll get a buggy, kinda rude living so close to some good beaches and not having one ;)

A few went to Looe after the first meet, only problem we'll have in November is that it'll be dark early. Maybe a meet somewhere before would be better then cruise to the diner and clogg up the roundabout again :lol:

OP

1 - 20 of 22 Posts