Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I know a fella on here started the Priss the 356 replicant thread but I never saw it/him finish So I'm starting the Nexus 6 Roy the 356 replicant thread.

turns out I so hammer drunk I just cant type so more soon...

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Ok so I know a fella on here started the Priss the 356 replicant thread but I never saw it/him finish So I'm starting the Nexus 6 Roy the 356 replicant thread.

turns out I so hammer drunk I just cant type so more soon...
i hope you got drunk on something decent and not carling :lol:

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So some first stages of this build at last :)

These are the trailing arms I got off eBay. NOS. Light surface rust and never used.

Also got some early 911 parts to make up the rears.

Found a local blaster and powder coater, literally 5 mins up the road so absolute result.

Very pleased. Just need to strip a few bits out of the arms and refit new ones. Full air ride from Limebug on order. Wheels from 911design and rear cooper tyres.

Got front seats and rear uppers, all need re-upholstering. Long way to go!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah so it's a coupe. It'll be outlaw style. I'm thinking along the lines of this but colour TBC. Teardrop lights though and bumpers may or may not go on.

I've got a 1915cc to go in. I'm still building this at the moment. Twin 40 Dells. Ran Webers for years and endlessly had to arse about with them. Got a pair of 36 dells on my bug and they are the simplest to set up and most reliable carbs I've ever used. These 40s I got are like new! Still re-working the shroud a bit to get a better seal on the plugs and a few bits.

Vintage speed exhaust same as my bug arrived recently.

Was looking at their sebring ones but decided I prefer the twin tips still.

Gearbox I'm not sure. Gary at the speedster clinic prices one in which is a recon box that I can spec with his mate who builds them. I've got a Rancho in my bug so want something similar as that is a lovely piece of kit.

Got these on ebay. Always liked the look of them and dressed properly will look awesome I reckon. Lose the pleather and get some real stuff on there.

Something along these lines maybe:

Anyway more soon as I have an update.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awesome!

Speak to Intatrim if you need any seats or the ones you have reupholstered. It's a family run business, top work!

https://intatrim.co.uk/
Thanks mate always appreciate a referral. The place I got my bug done was via a favour and usually do cars for people people like Jeremy Clarkson etc. so be well out of my budget sadly!

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yeah so it's a coupe. It'll be outlaw style. I'm thinking along the lines of this but colour TBC. Teardrop lights though and bumpers may or may not go on.

I've got a 1915cc to go in. I'm still building this at the moment. Twin 40 Dells. Ran Webers for years and endlessly had to arse about with them. Got a pair of 36 dells on my bug and they are the simplest to set up and most reliable carbs I've ever used. These 40s I got are like new! Still re-working the shroud a bit to get a better seal on the plugs and a few bits.

Vintage speed exhaust same as my bug arrived recently.

Was looking at their sebring ones but decided I prefer the twin tips still.

Gearbox I'm not sure. Gary at the speedster clinic prices one in which is a recon box that I can spec with his mate who builds them. I've got a Rancho in my bug so want something similar as that is a lovely piece of kit.

Got these on ebay. Always liked the look of them and dressed properly will look awesome I reckon. Lose the pleather and get some real stuff on there.

Something along these lines maybe:

Anyway more soon as I have an update.
Oh yeah the coupe is the bomb ;). Have to say I've got one on my 'to do' list! Keep the updates coming...

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Awesome!

Speak to Intatrim if you need any seats or the ones you have reupholstered. It's a family run business, top work!

https://intatrim.co.uk/
Just been having a look at their site. I really like the sound of them and how much they can do. I really want the interior to be spot on with this and they sound like they can just take the car and do the business on it all so defo be speaking to them. Thanks again

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Oh yeah the coupe is the bomb ;). Have to say I've got one on my 'to do' list! Keep the updates coming...
Do it if you can mate you only live once. Just lost both my parents in 12 months and if it's taught me one thing it's that we only get a short go at this and we should do as much stuff that makes us happy as we can eh!

Having said I also wish we had about 9 - 12 days in a week and could work for about 14 - 15 hours a day cos there just never seems like enough hours in a day! :)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts