Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Wannabe Chat Slut
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth going this year or will the chavs ruin it.

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
52,382 Posts
It is what you make of it. The chavs will only ruin it if you let them. I want to do RTTS this year, as I have every year since I was about 11. For me it is when the dubs come to town. But the Mrs want to go to Plymouth Volksfest instead.

·
Registered
26,999 Posts
It is what you make of it. The chavs will only ruin it if you let them. I want to do RTTS this year, as I have every year since I was about 11. For me it is when the dubs come to town. But the Mrs want to go to Plymouth Volksfest instead.
Went to plymfest last year,first time ive missed rtts for about 17 years.
We did travel back down on the bank holiday monday and stay in newquay for a week though,so had the best of both worlds:D

·
Registered
10,670 Posts
it wasnt bad last year , security was much better , zero tollerance and all that ;)

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
52,382 Posts
I'm trying to get out of going to Plymouth. There is something in me that just can't be bothered.:D I dunno why I just don't want to go.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
Never stayed at Trevelgue but always had a good time at Rose Cliston or one of the other surrounding sights, just cruising around all day and then seeing the show n shine on the sunday.

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
3,379 Posts
I'm trying to get out of going to Plymouth. There is something in me that just can't be bothered.:D I dunno why I just don't want to go.
you take the skoda and a tent to RTTS and let Mrs C go to plymouth in the camper

toss a coin and who ever loses gets little clarkson

·
Registered
10,670 Posts
I was camped next to a complete arse, just sat in his bus all week watching Sky.....

..... i think they are having a VW only area this year....
no you wasnt , you were parked next to some quiet/weird people in a tent :lol: i was parked next to cod lips :lol:

i might get a caravan ths year , if the Camper still aint ready

·
Wannabe Chat Slut
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any recomendations of a camp site to stop at for RTTS? Ideally for the splitty and a couple of tents?

·
Registered
512 Posts
If you want the full inyerface experience and can live without sleep,then stop at Trevelgue. If you want to just drop in and out, stop at Hendra

·
Registered
832 Posts
That is what is so bleddy annoying RTTS and Plymfest are the same weekend. I know Plymfest was set up as an alternative to RTTS but I like them both. Went to Plymfest last year cos a) it's on my doorstep, b) I could only do the Saturday and Sunday and thought it wasn't worth going to Newquay just for 1 night.

This year I am pretty sure I can get the whole weekend off plus a couple of days so RTTS looks more attractive again. As others say it is what you make it, if you go determined to have a good time then you probably will. There are no more chavs etc at RTTS than at any other big show or festival and they are having a VW only camping area this year. That said Plymouth has got a beer tent with 40 real ales and 25 ciders and it was really chilled out. But maybe there is life in the old party dog yet and the main dance arena at RTTS is something to behold!

Decisions Decisions!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
458 Posts
i had never been till last year and loved it we didnt go to RTTS we stayed in newquay and stayed over the week of RTTS we went to the mermaid pub the same day as the vw meet and every day in the town was like one big show loved it to bits n defo goin down again this year:D

we stayed at trevella its very nice there

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
We camped at Plymouth last year a visited Newquay on the Sunday, as it was bit samey being at Newnham Park all weekend, I know a lot of others did likewise, which suggests real need for a VW only campsite at RTTS.

Queue the 'I love dubs and my chums, but not enough to have one' arguement! ;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts