Volkszone Forum banner

3761 - 3774 of 3774 Posts

·
VZ Staff
24,131 Posts
I've been putting off Week 5, Day 3. I had loads of valid excuses...but they ran out. I did it this evening! 20 minutes non-stop. I haven't done that in a few years 😄

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
I've been putting off Week 5, Day 3. I had loads of valid excuses...but they ran out. I did it this evening! 20 minutes non-stop. I haven't done that in a few years 😄
Brilliant Greg! I'm trying to learn not to beat myself up when I get a case of excuse-itis:D
I just couldn't face my last run at the weekend, was feeling a bit under the weather, but managed an 8 mile walk at a leisurely pace... all better than nothing ;)

·
Premium Member
15,573 Posts
I thought I'd take advantage of the good weather and have a run in the sun. I felt sluggish and couldn't get going, so I cut it short and had a walk in the sun instead.

·
Registered
130 Posts
It's finely happened. I got dusted by my daughter.

We were doing a speed session. On the first one, we were neck and neck, but I was blowing hard. From that moment she knew she"d got me. She believed! The next seven reps were hell, I even walked on one.

I'm made up for her.:D
Good work !! I've 3 daughters (all 25+) and at one stage I was quicker than all of them. Now, they are all quicker than me.

However, for me, the important thing is they have all embraced regular exercise which (IMHO) will improve their lives no end as they get older. Hopefully they will continue to do so and it does give us an activity we can all do together, which I really enjoy :D

Oh, and great work BBB. Great news that you've managed to stick with it and feel you've benefitted from it :cool:

·
Premium Member
15,573 Posts
Good work !! I've 3 daughters (all 25+) and at one stage I was quicker than all of them. Now, they are all quicker than me.

However, for me, the important thing is they have all embraced regular exercise which (IMHO) will improve their lives no end as they get older. Hopefully they will continue to do so and it does give us an activity we can all do together, which I really enjoy :D
Well said.:)

It dents your pride a bit getting beat by a twelve year old girl though.:D

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,656 Posts

·
VZ Staff
24,131 Posts
I got as far as Week 6 Day 1 on the C25K...that was a few weeks ago! To busy with garden stuff at the moment...

·
Premium Member
15,573 Posts
Right, we all know how Smull is getting on. Whatcha up to?

I've just got in from a 10k. Hayfever, stitches and midges, I've had better runs

....and worse. Yesterday, I decided to run home from work. It had all of the above, plus a bellyfull of water sloshing about. Baled after a couple of K.

Don't tell anyone (on this thread) I've been doing a fair bit of cycling.

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
Well.... I'm getting over a long bout of excuse-itis. Haven't run in the last few weeks, but have done a lot of walking. I have a first gig in over 15 months with one of my bands tonight, a brew day on Saturday.... so Sunday (before it gets too warm) I shall be pounding the streets of downtown Rainhill to see how much stamina I've lost.

·
Premium Member
15,573 Posts
I like the way you're talking. Instead of mentioning C25k and run/walks, it's now stamina loss! You've become addicted.😁

·
Premium Member
15,573 Posts
Exciting news at Chateau Ford.

MiniSol has been asked if she wants to put her name forward to be a kit carrier at the British Athletics Championships.😎

Don't yet know if everyone who puts their name down gets a go or it's drawn out of a hat.

*MiniSol is the trademark of Smull.😁

3761 - 3774 of 3774 Posts