Volkszone Forum banner
3781 - 3800 of 3832 Posts

· Premium Member
15,751 Posts
Invoice in the post 😝

Congrats to MiniSol, hope she gets the gig. I'm still plodding away, biking today though....my legs need a break.
I'll get my accountant to liase with your accountant, the cheque should be with you some time in the next year or so. I've told him you're covering all the costs, to you want the bill direct, or via your accountant?

I've been watching on Strava. 👍

· Retired Mr.Vzi
22,760 Posts
I'll get my accountant to liase with your accountant, the cheque should be with you some time in the next year or so. I've told him you're covering all the costs, to you want the bill direct, or via your accountant?

I've been watching on Strava. 👍
My people will speak to your people :D

· Premium Member
15,751 Posts
Congrats to MiniSol, hope she gets the gig. I'm still plodding away, biking today though....my legs need a break.
Gig got.😎

We told her about the job, that she'd be stood behind the athletes, they'd put their kit in a basket and she'd give it back to them after the race.

She replied, 'What, I've got to follow them?

She had visions of Mo Farah knocking his tripe out, trying to qualify for the Olympics and she'd be a couple of paces behind him carrying a basket full of clothes.😁

· Premium Member
15,751 Posts
She bumped into Mo Farah before the race and he gave her the big smile.

After race, he must've been gutted, but he took the time to go over to console a young lad who was crying because Mo had missed out. He then said hello and spent a few minutes with the volunteers. I've a few photos of him surrounded by kids taking selfies. He sounded like an absolute top bloke.

She met Dina Asher-Smith too.

A fantastic time was had.🙂

· Administrator
69,578 Posts

After race, he must've been gutted, but he took the time to go over to console a young lad who was crying because Mo had missed out. He then said hello and spent a few minutes with the volunteers. I've a few photos of him surrounded by kids taking selfies. He sounded like an absolute top bloke.

:cool:

· Premium Member
15,751 Posts
I've just been for a 5k fell run with MiniSol and JJ, a thirteen year old lad who occasionally trains with us. I'm broken!

I've run this route many times over the past six years or so. Today I beat my course PB, that's stood for over two years, by over forty seconds.

.............and still, I was over two minutes slower than my daughter, with JJ was about ninety seconds faster than her.

I'm giving up running with twelve and thirteen year olds.😁

How's it going folks?

· Retired Mr.Vzi
22,760 Posts

Cool :cool: Mo Farah seems a top fella. Always appears friendly & polite.

· Premium Member
15,751 Posts
How are we doing runsters?

Since everything has opened up and you can run/race with other people I've realised how lazy I've become. I'm minutes off my pb's, MiniSol is in the same boat. I've started to increase the intensity of my training; more hills, more speed, more runs.

MiniSol is about the same as eighteen months ago, but at her age it's a step back. She recently knocked out a 2:50 for 800m, not bad, but was expected to be 20 seconds faster.

I'm giving up running with twelve and thirteen year olds.😁
Today, I decided to run with her older brother as he doesn't run and I thought it would be easier. How wrong was I! We did 5k, the first four was hell, he kept going on about how slow it was, I was on the limit. I managed to get in front on the last k, expected him to come charging past, but he didn't have a kick, so I live to fight another day. A big bonus though, he enjoyed it and we're going to go again........and he wants to try the hills.😉😁

· Premium Member
15,751 Posts
Seeing as Smull is ticking along nicely, might as well update this one.

I took No.2 son onto the hills last week. It was a bit of a leveller. He did well on the up hill parts, but came down like Bambi on Ice. His comment, 'I'd rather just run it all uphill' brought a tear to my eye and shudders to my bones in equal measures. We've done a couple of flat runs too.

MiniSol is slowly getting back to pre-Covid speed.

On a feeling slightly bad front. I went on the hills during last week's storms, with a couple of mates who are both doing the Yorkshire Three Peaks in a couple of weeks. I suggested a different, less used, route and one of them fractured their ankle.🤒 Everyone got off the hill safely, if a little late.

· Retired Mr.Vzi
22,760 Posts
Seeing as Smull is ticking along nicely, might as well update this one.

I took No.2 son onto the hills last week. It was a bit of a leveller. He did well on the up hill parts, but came down like Bambi on Ice. His comment, 'I'd rather just run it all uphill' brought a tear to my eye and shudders to my bones in equal measures. We've done a couple of flat runs too.

MiniSol is slowly getting back to pre-Covid speed.

On a feeling slightly bad front. I went on the hills during last week's storms, with a couple of mates who are both doing the Yorkshire Three Peaks in a couple of weeks. I suggested a different, less used, route and one of them fractured their ankle.🤒 Everyone got of the hill safely, if a little late.
You do love your hills and by the sound of it your son is following in your footsteps. Just so you know, you’ll never hear me say, 'I'd rather just run it all uphill' :lol: Hope your mate is ok now :)

· VZ Staff
19,893 Posts
Back at it! Ran the first three days of the C25K in the first three days of the new year. That's Week 1 done already! 😎

· Premium Member
15,751 Posts
Back at it! Ran the first three days of the C25K in the first three days of the new year. That's Week 1 done already! 😎
👍

The last few months I've just been ticking over. Early in December I went to the dentist to have a broken tooth and an irritating wisdom tooth removed. The broken one came out after an hour of struggle and pain.

The dentist asked if I was up for the other one, 'Only if you can get it out'. He drilled, ground, yanked and removed half of it, then declared he couldn't get the rest. The pain was that bad, I was laid up for over three weeks, unable to manage a walk. I started back a few days ago and struggled to do 5k. I'm sticking with it and am adjusting my pace accordingly. It's hard going.

On the dentist front, I'm going back tomorrow for a check up, but am waiting for a hospital appointment to get the rest of broken tooth removed.

· VZ Staff
19,893 Posts
Ouch! Hope all goes well.

Depending on whether or not the snow that is forecast arrives by this evening, I'll be starting Week 2.

· Premium Member
15,751 Posts
It didn't go well...

I'm supposed to be there at 11 15....

I've just had a text cancelling it....

I've just phoned them and let them know how much pain I'm in.....and how it was their opinion and choice that it could be removed and to go ahead and wasn't removed....and how much money I'm losing due to not working because of it....

I've got an appointment for tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed it isn't cancelled too.

· VZ Staff
19,893 Posts
It didn't go well...

I'm supposed to be there at 11 15....

I've just had a text cancelling it....

I've just phoned them and let them know how much pain I'm in.....and how it was their opinion and choice that it could be removed and to go ahead and wasn't removed....and how much money I'm losing due to not working because of it....

I've got an appointment for tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed it isn't cancelled too.
Fingers and toes crossed!

3781 - 3800 of 3832 Posts