Volkszone Forum banner
3801 - 3806 of 3806 Posts

·
VZ Staff
24,144 Posts
Bored of running the same route?

So far, not bored enough to try something like that! I've currently two routes - one for daytime and one for nighttime. The daytime one has no streetlights and so is very unsuitable in the evenings at this time of year.

·
VZ Staff
24,144 Posts
You just need to move to a small village. 😁
Well...to be fair, I could probably do what yer man did in a very short space of time! 🤣

·
VZ Staff
24,144 Posts
Week 2 Day 2 done. I'm running along with my completely unenthusiastic 13 year old. It's good to have the company but I'd prefer if he'd run a bit faster! The older boy goes to the gym a couple of times a week so I thought I needed to get the younger one doing something rather than stare at his phone or the XBox at every free moment. It's a challenge. He's inevitably about 5 yards behind me and I'm having to constantly tell him to catch up. It's not like he can't keep pace as the distance between us is constant. Maybe I'm just not cool enough to run with! 😆

Reactions: Sol Ford

·
Premium Member
15,754 Posts
Week 2 Day 2 done. I'm running along with my completely unenthusiastic 13 year old. It's good to have the company but I'd prefer if he'd run a bit faster! The older boy goes to the gym a couple of times a week so I thought I needed to get the younger one doing something rather than stare at his phone or the XBox at every free moment. It's a challenge. He's inevitably about 5 yards behind me and I'm having to constantly tell him to catch up. It's not like he can't keep pace as the distance between us is constant. Maybe I'm just not cool enough to run with! 😆
There's probably some sort of maths equation for it.

On current form, my thirteen year old can run a 5k about five minutes faster than me. Yet if we go out together, she's five paces behind me the whole way.......until I say we'll finish at that bench/tree/bridge, then she disappears into the distance.

I've tried all sorts of things; treats, threats, dad dancing in front of her mates, to no avail.

*I've just noticed there's only a h separating treat and threat, I'm sure a trick-cyclist would have a field day.😁

·
Premium Member
15,754 Posts
Oh, I'm making a conscious effort to get out more and do RnED January. I'm going to Run nearly Every Day in January.

No.3 has been selected to run for the town in the county XC. The town council has absolutely no interest in organising a qualifying event, so have just picked the known runners.🙄 I'm (We're) very disappointed. As she's progressed, she's realised she's not going to the Olympics and that you rarely win races. Town champion was a real possibility and now that's not going to happen. Netball is currently overtaking running in her priorities.

3801 - 3806 of 3806 Posts