Volkszone Forum banner
3821 - 3832 of 3832 Posts

· Premium Member
15,745 Posts
"Oh golly, that smarts", said I.

Human body Comfort Gesture Barefoot Knee

Managed to roll my ankle whilst leading a load of 11-14 year old girls on a warm up run.

It took more will power trying to control my language, than to carry on running and get the group back to the coaches.😁

How's it going folks?

· Seasoned Chat Slut
3,018 Posts
Evening guys,
I've been bombarded with fitness challenges recently on Social Media and have been undecided which one to take on. Before lockdown I was a regular gym goer and pretty strong with a reasonable physique. I then changed jobs to container driver and in 2 years I've gone from 89KG to 96KG. I did get back to the gym but I seem to have a mental block to getting through the door atm (the toughest thing about going to gym)
I've eaten and drunk with carefree abandonment last year or so and things need to change. The challenges that piqued my interest were various cancer charity ones ....Walk a km every day.....run a mile every day for a month etc but they all involved getting sponsorship which TBH is a PITA as no one really wants to part with their hard earned.
So I've paid my £35 and joined the virtual Lands End to John O'groats challenge. 1083 miles in 365 days so its only 3 miles a day. I've set myself 1 year to do it so hopefully will give me some kind of inspiration I'm seriously lacking at the moment. One thing I've learnt over the years is the mind is so much more powerful than the body so I hope to get my Brain in gear.
Happy New Year :)

· Premium Member
15,745 Posts
Good luck with it.👍

If you can, try and get a few miles in the bank at the beginning. You've got the motivation to push on and it'll stand you in good stead in case of any incidents, injuries, holidays, etc.

· Seasoned Chat Slut
3,018 Posts
Good luck with it.👍

If you can, try and get a few miles in the bank at the beginning. You've got the motivation to push on and it'll stand you in good stead in case of any incidents, injuries, holidays, etc.
Thanks ! That's a really good idea I Hadn't thought of. Might have to disconnect my Garmin as it logged 6k steps yesterday and gave me 5km! Optimistic to say the least that it was actually 5k as had a pretty inactive day.

· Premium Member
15,745 Posts
I've just spent the morning driving to Cheshire, then standing in a field for a couple of hours while No.3 child did a cross country race.

One of my thumbs is that cold, it still doesn't feel like it's mine after an hour sat in a warm car.

· Registered
14,359 Posts
The main thing is, you did it.👍
I was bribed with a lift there and back and a bacon sarnie. 😃🌧

I've just spent the morning driving to Cheshire, then standing in a field for a couple of hours while No.3 child did a cross country race.

One of my thumbs is that cold, it still doesn't feel like it's mine after an hour sat in a warm car.
Stay warm! ❄

· Retired Mr.Vzi
22,760 Posts
I’m back in the saddle after the usual comedy of errors that is my marathon training. Most recently a chest infection picked up on NYE had brought me to a halt but today saw me back on the horse.

i’ve missed a fair bit of training but as it stands I’ll be on the start line for my 8th London Marathon in April.
Water Cloud Sky Plant People in nature

Reactions: Sol Ford

· Premium Member
15,745 Posts
I’m back in the saddle after the usual comedy of errors that is my marathon training. Most recently a chest infection picked up on NYE had brought me to a halt but today saw me back on the horse.

i’ve missed a fair bit of training but as it stands I’ll be on the start line for my 8th London Marathon in April. View attachment 304044
When the Bridgewater canal freezes over.

3821 - 3832 of 3832 Posts