Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
If that also involves a further drop in the price up front I don't see the problem. He was on Radio 4 earlier and at the end of the day he has a point - why pay for something you don't use? There are other carriers available if you don't want it 'cheap'.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Nah, next they will be charging for engines

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
3,584 Posts
Hmmmm, is that being discriminatory against pregnant women?

On the other hand, they might stop charging after they've had to dry clean 60 seat cushions per flight.

32,496 Posts
On this one I make Ryanair spot on.

what they do is supply the lowest cost fares possible, and then charge you for anything else you want that isn't a seat on a plane.

Most interesting thing that i didn't know from that interview was the credit/debit card surcharge that there has been a few complaints on here about, doesn't apply with Visa Electron. so you CAN pay for your Ryanair flights without paying the surcharge if you use the right card.....

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How many chavs on their trip to Ibeefah are going to be screaming at the crew "I paid for the fuckin' toilet so I'm gonna 'have a fuck in it if I fuckin' well want to and you ain't gonna stop me!"

·
26,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
On this one I make Ryanair spot on.

what they do is supply the lowest cost fares possible, and then charge you for anything else you want that isn't a seat on a plane.

Most interesting thing that i didn't know from that interview was the credit/debit card surcharge that there has been a few complaints on here about, doesn't apply with Visa Electron. so you CAN pay for your Ryanair flights without paying the surcharge if you use the right card.....
The problem is that (apart from not flying with Ryan Air) you don't have a choice. It's not like you can go in the sick-bag.

On second thoughts...

32,496 Posts
How many chavs on their trip to Ibeefah are going to be screaming at the crew "I paid for the fuckin' toilet so I'm gonna 'have a fuck in it if I fuckin' well want to and you ain't gonna stop me!"
Ryanair don't do 'Beefah!'. Most passengers are middle class johnnies off to their second home in rural France or Italy ;)

·
26,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Your brackets sum up the situation ;)

LOADS of places charge for the khazi, all London's rail terminals for starters.
But at a London train station you can walk to McDonalds' over the road. You have no alternative on the flight.

And sorry Justin, but I'm not buying you 'just switch the telly off/don't fly with them/do something less boring instead' argument on this one.

I think it's a bridge too far when you've got a captive audience.

·
26,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ryanair don't do 'Beefah!'. Most passengers are middle class johnnies off to their second home in rural France or Italy ;)
I used to use them (or was it Sleazyjet?) to go to Saint Etienne a couple of times a month. It was a lot of country retreat folk.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts