Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Torque is not cheap
14,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
His trial has ended, the verdict is expected tomorrow.

If found guilty execution looks likely, but is that the answer?

If the world was not a scary enough place as it is these days, how bad will things get if they hang him?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I take your point, as I was thinking eariler that many more people will die this weekend. However, are the consequences of justice necessarily a reason for it not to occur?

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
Nothing will change. Iraq is still full of trouble with or without him around.

Although for those that lived under his tyranical rule I'm sure they will be glad he is dead.

·
Torque is not cheap
14,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yellow_spider said:
I expect it might trigger (no pun intended) more extremists to carry on with violence / death / destruction even more. :(

Is it hanging ? :confused:
Hanging to the best of my knowledge, does the method make a difference though?

I can see more Anglo/American hatred coming from fanatics if they execute him :(

·
Registered
26,995 Posts
I think there will be a spike in violence and then a mild calming of insurgency .......hope they hang him..... :eek:

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
whatever happend to Hussein there will be years of bloodshed in Iraq. American foreign policy wins again....

The Cynical amongst us might suggest that a dictator who kept a lid on ethnic conflict and ran a secular state in a volatile region might have been a good thing...not unlike Tito in Yugoslavia.

After all, he wasn't seen as such a monster back whe we where sponsoring him to kick the Iranians about.....

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
String him up by his bollocks and get our boys the fuck out of there. Not our problem.
Get our airforce respectible again and give us a proper nuclear deterrent. We can't rely on the yanks for anything because they are so fucking useless.
Our airforce is shite because of lack of funding we have to rely on these multi nation projects. Look back to our last all british aircraft, they were all brilliant for their purpose.

imho ;)

·
I really must get out more
5,667 Posts
2-bob Monkey Mafia said:
whatever happend to Hussein there will be years of bloodshed in Iraq. American foreign policy wins again....

The Cynical amongst us might suggest that a dictator who kept a lid on ethnic conflict and ran a secular state in a volatile region might have been a good thing...not unlike Tito in Yugoslavia.

After all, he wasn't seen as such a monster back whe we where sponsoring him to kick the Iranians about.....
come on dude if you call gasing a an area the size of the isle of man then yes he kept a lid on the boiling pot .killing sadam will not solve a thing maybe in 10 years time when the usa gov have rewritten the history books and thay have there oil. its going to get a lot harder for our boys and girls out there

·
In Mortal Danger.
18,900 Posts
He's been sentenced to death by hanging. Not exactly what I wanted to hear, life in prison would have been more suitable than a quick death. Although in saying that he is 69 so life wouldn't have exactly meant life anyway.

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
It's pretty immaterial what they do with him now....

Iraq is in a state of CVivil war anyway, More British and American troops will die as well as Iraqi civillians as the Millitias get busy with the Ethgnic cleansing, and the lack 0of any authority allows the 'insurgents' free reign. You can also expect more Islamic terrorists attackinng western targets, and more Heroin being pumped into the west to fund Afghan warlords teritorial ambitions.....

GO USA!!!

·
Registered
78,060 Posts
Topbloke said:
His trial has ended, the verdict is expected tomorrow.

If found guilty execution looks likely, but is that the answer?

If the world was not a scary enough place as it is these days, how bad will things get if they hang him?
IMHO: the death penalty is never justified... two wrongs don't make a right.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
He was a very nasty man, but as always, the Americans made a big mistake in capturing him alive. They should have killed him where they found him, cremated him and dumped his ashes in the Gulf. Job done.

Think about it; nobody even thinks about his two sons any more. They got what they deserved withut a show trial!

·
Registered
78,060 Posts
Crisis? What crisis? said:
He was a very nasty man, but as always, the Americans made a big mistake in capturing him alive. They should have killed him where they found him, cremated him and dumped his ashes in the Gulf. Job done.
if the SAS had found him first there would have been no trial

1 - 20 of 31 Posts