Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i took all the junk out of my bug yesterday and its really solid. Little hole under drivers door the size of a pea. Im so lost now i really dont know what to do with it. Feel like selling the bloody thing already. Its like an impossible jigsaw.

Elwood

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
Elwoodlpool said:
Well i took all the junk out of my bug yesterday and its really solid. Little hole under drivers door the size of a pea. Im so lost now i really dont know what to do with it. Feel like selling the bloody thing already. Its like an impossible jigsaw.

Elwood
You're concerned about that?! Bit of POR15 filler and it'll be fine.

How about when we ripped the carpets out of our 1302 Bug and most of the heater channels came out with the carpet? ;)

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
'66 isn't it? In my experience, up to 67, if they haven't been buggered about with, seem to be the most rust resistant and you generally have more solid metal to work with. Get it properly stripped, give all the usual suspects a good poke with an old screwdriver so you know what you're working with.

Whatever you find it won't be as bad as a 70's 1200 bug :eek: and keep posting on here (with pics). There's plenty of free expertise and support :) :) :) ;)

Have PM'd you but box is full

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well im trying to remember now ive got

The fuel tank

The engine

Bumpers

Lights front and back

Four wings 3 all fully resprayed one not

All new crome, drivers door slightly rotted(but got new door with it)

Interior (not sure of condition)

and 3 boxes full of bits

Gear box is in it.

Bonnet

deck lid(resprayed)

What ive seen of the floor and underneath its solid its been garaged
all its life. All i need now is some serious cash i think. It has a small hole under the drivers door. not bad at all. Im not a mechanic and it just has me puzzled what to do and how much it will cost.

Elwood

1 - 7 of 7 Posts