Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI

I managed to get my hands on a 2nd hand scat shifter for my bus. My question is how do I know if it's for split or for a bay? What is the difference? Could I tell by just looking at it?

I tried fitting it to my split but just didn't seem right. I will keep trying it aslong as I know it's the right one.

I can post pics if needed.

Thanks
Rich

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
5,942 Posts
i think splits upto 65 have longer bits sticking out the bottomand after 65 there all the same (splits and bays) could b wrong tho

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So in theory, if I have a bay one, I could place a spacer between the shifter and floor and it should be ok? Or would the throw be different?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
rickyday33 said:
So in theory, if I have a bay one, I could place a spacer between the shifter and floor and it should be ok? Or would the throw be different?

Thanks for your help
When you buy the shifter new you get 2 different size spacers with it. You have to measure the space between the ball socket and floor then fit the spacer that suits. So needs a spacer whether you fit to bay or split I believe. Fitted mine ages ago, so think thats all correct. Good luck :hangloose

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Stumpy vdub said:
When you buy the shifter new you get 2 different size spacers with it. You have to measure the space between the ball socket and floor then fit the spacer that suits. So needs a spacer whether you fit to bay or split I believe. Fitted mine ages ago, so think thats all correct. Good luck :hangloose
I didn't get any spacers???? just bought the correct year version and it fitted straight in no problem at all. That was 18 months ago - perhaps they've changed now?

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
I fitted mine just under a year ago and I didn't have any spacers either. However you do get spacers with EMPI 'Hurst' style shifters.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts