Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
16,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up today from Ady at Classy Campers. Only a 17 hour round trip. Thanks to my wing man Jason for sharing the driving...

The plans are to get it stripped out this week and off to get blasted underneath. The loadbay and the inside need a good steam cleaning too. It looks like it's had a family of rats living in it for a while.

After that, it'll be the structural stuff, sills, etc and a few crusty bits here and there. It's fairly solid overall though....

I've got a Subaru Legacy that's gonna be giving up it's motor and anything else I need, mating up to an RJES bellhousing and 2 litre bay box. The backend and front brakes will be Porka 944.

Plenty to do including paint and interior but all with a deadline of Big Bang for a run up the strip..... :D

Easy peasy!

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
good luck with that!

wil be keeping an eye on this one, got some 944 calipers for mine and im quite tempted by the AE idea :)

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
16,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet truck dude!
Low indicators and small rear lights screams early 70's but the the number plate says different, whats the score?

Are you gonna keep it ratty or is it destined to be fully resto'd?
It's South African. That's not a UK registration.

Plan is to get it rock solid underneath, do all the fabrication work for the Scooby lump and cooling then paint it but flat it back to matt and maybe through to the primer in a few places - fake patina kind a thing.
Sign write it and striped. And have a laugh

1 - 4 of 4 Posts