Volkszone Forum banner

Scooters, let's see them

77K views 858 replies 49 participants last post by  junglemod 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm not sure if we haven't already got a scooter thread, apologies if we have
Well a few scooter pics have gone into the motorcycle thread but here goes.
I know we have a few Lambretta and Vespa fans on here so lets see them :) and the more modern scoots :)

I'll start with my old 1955 Lambretta Type F

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

I just like the style of these old ones and one was on my bucket list, so I bought one :) another tick on the list

the guy that built this machine is on my page with the madness of it and prompted this thread

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Top is my old ‘74 Rally 200

Current scooter is a newish PX150

And an old pic on my PX180. This was my only transport at the time - commuter every day and rally thrash though the summer weekends :lol:

Attachments

#12 ·
This was for sale fairly local to me

View attachment 232001

Heinkel scooter

I resisted the temptation
you did well to resist, that looks like a great scooter!

i do like the heinkel, as well as zundapp and bond scooters.

always liked the classic lines of lambrettas, especially the li175 but my budget doesn't stretch to such things.

the closest i've got to anything scooter shaped is a suzuki cs50, but i don't want to offend you true scooterists by posting it on this thread :D

#13 ·
My Li 150, Shed find, before and after

Attachments

#17 ·
If it sounded like a demented Smurf, i think i would sell it :)

#18 ·
Some nice scooters on this thread.
I briefly tried a scoot, had a 1984 Vespa Douglas, never quite gelled with it..never quite settled with the handling....
.it was only after I sold it to a mate that he mentioned in passing that the back wheel was fitted the wrong way round....
.Until then, tyres direction aside I wasn't aware that it could be so easy to fit a "2 wheeler" wheel the wrong way round....

#45 · (Edited)
I think I'm going to have to change my old Lambretta for something with a button to start it, a getting old issue :(

I had one of these many years ago and quite fancy another one :)

View attachment 236114
I have the 50cc version Ernie.

I custom painted it though. (Or, rather Neil Melliard/Prosign did.) :D

[EDIT] If you're after a 125cc 'twist & go' I can STRONGLY recommend the Honda PCX - really good little scooter mate. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.