Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would people recommend to seal the fuel tank (i have bought the stuff from frost already) or to just give it a good clean out?

I was going to seal it this week, but have read this may cause more problems than just giving it a good clean.

the mesh filter in the bottom of the tank (its a 64 type 3) had a load of rust in it, which i`ve cleaned out.

thanks,
mike

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i know its pretty boring :D

but has anyone had problems after adding the POR15 fuel tank sealant to their tanks?

cheers,
mike

·
Registered
633 Posts
my next door neighbour swears by it.it dont this to his spitfire tank and rekons it was great and advised me to do my 59 bug before i use it

·
Registered
734 Posts
havent done it but im going to as I have done surgery to my tank so itll not only 'line' the tank it should fill any pinholes from the welding.dont really see how it can be a bad thing

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, i`ve prepped it all with the marine clean and metal ready, so i`ll give it a go tonight.

i keep getting silt through into my carbs which makes them run badly. i`m getting the car tuned on a rolling road, so i want to make sure its not going to get crap in the carbs after a couple of weeks.

hopefully this should do the trick! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts