Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a '72, in which the front seats are fixed by a 3 point system with a large bulge in the floor pan at the front...

I am looking to get some new seats and really want some in a cream colour. I have found some however they are 2 runner style...

can the fixings on the seat be modified?

or

can the floor pan be changed?

I am fairly competent but obviously minimum work would be ideal!! :crazy:

Cheers for any help.

·
Premium Member
8,821 Posts
Both ways will be a lot of work. Can you not re-upholster the existing seats ? You may be able to swap the coverings off the Cream seats.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never expected it to be as easy as 'A B C..." otherwise everyone would do it!!

My beetle came with modified Mk1 Golf Gti seats which have disintergrated beyond repair... so can't swap covers etc.

I am now using some Cobra reclining buckets but ideally would like some cream originals... does anyone know if 3 point seats were made in cream??

·
Premium Member
8,821 Posts
L_Ashman said:
ideally would like some cream originals... does anyone know if 3 point seats were made in cream??
I've never seen any, but DB Cartrim do the covers in any shade you like.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the opposite problem ... I bought a set of 3 point seats accidently and I need the two point fixing ... want to swap? .. they are in pretty good nick ..black basketweave.. I was going to reupholster with TMI seat covers but this isn't really necessary ..... I'm in Newbury so not too far from you.. give me a shout if you wants pictures etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts