Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many working days can you self certificate ? When I went to the doctors this morning, I think I should have said yes I have felt like self harming :rolleyes: I know whats in my head and I know when I feel like I'm going down again even tho I still feel like I'm skiving I also know if I'd gone back today I wouldn't have been able to cope, just going to the doctors was enough of an effort, let alone sort out queries all day and catch up with a backload :rolleyes: She did give me some phone numbers for counselling tho, all different categories, when I looked o the list I felt like saying can I go to all of them :lol:
Anyhoo, does anyone know ?

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
Seven days usually.

Get to see a counselor, they can work wonders.

St John's wort really helped me as well when i was down.

Fortunately life is all good now, so things DO get better.

·
Registered
11,401 Posts
2-bob Monkey Mafia said:
Seven days usually.

Get to see a counselor, they can work wonders.

St John's wort really helped me as well when i was down.

Fortunately life is all good now, so things DO get better.
as he said!! seven days!

and get to a councillor!!! Have a look to see if there are any private funded ones in your area!! It may be quicker than going through the doctors!! And lean on ure friends and family!! Thats what they are there for! :hug:

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
yeah remember that your not alone :hug: :hug: for you

·
Registered
8,961 Posts
yup 7 days

Don't take st johns wort if you're on the pill it stops it working there are alternatives that work wonders though.

Hope you begin to feel better soon :hug:

·
Registered
832 Posts
my sis suffers from SAD and used to have days when she couldn't even get out of bed because she was feeling so down. She has since started using a special lamp which provides her with a kind of day light emissions and increases her endorphin levels. Might be worth a try....i'll get in contact with her and find out where she got it from.

don't let the bastards grind you down...good luck. :hangloose

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:eek:
thanks xx
I can lean on strangers but not friends, you lot help me out and make me laugh, cheers for that xx poxy big D :mad:
7 days ! I thought it was only 4 I've been off 4 today not including the weekend, is it 7 working days or consecutive ? I don't really care about the money, I'm not going back until I feel ready, I'll take it as unpaid or hols or whatever.

·
Registered
11,401 Posts
modder said:
my sis suffers from SAD and used to have days when she couldn't even get out of bed because she was feeling so down. She has since started using a special lamp which provides her with a kind of day light emissions and increases her endorphin levels. Might be worth a try....i'll get in contact with her and find out where she got it from.

don't let the bastards grind you down...good luck. :hangloose
ive heard of these!! id be interested in any details on them aswell please!! :hug:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Sammy Jo said:
ive heard of these!! id be interested in any details on them aswell please!! :hug:
i'll check with her what the site was she got it off, may take a couple of hours tho as she is in Senegal teaching....taken her portable lamp with her (not as if she's not getting enough sun out there already...the lucky B$%*CH!) :hangloose

·
Registered
11,401 Posts
dirtypidj said:
:eek:
thanks xx
I can lean on strangers but not friends, you lot help me out and make me laugh, cheers for that xx poxy big D :mad:
7 days ! I thought it was only 4 I've been off 4 today not including the weekend, is it 7 working days or consecutive ? I don't really care about the money, I'm not going back until I feel ready, I'll take it as unpaid or hols or whatever.
dont go back if ure not ready! :hug: it's not worth it!!

If u find it easier leaning o strangers then u should get to a councillor!!

·
Registered
11,401 Posts
modder said:
i'll check with her what the site was she got it off, may take a couple of hours tho as she is in Senegal teaching....taken her portable lamp with her (not as if she's not getting enough sun out there already...the lucky B$%*CH!) :hangloose
senegal!!!! Lucky personage!!!

thansk fer that!! Ive heard they work wonders!! There the ones that immitate the sun rising or summat arent they?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Sammy Jo said:
senegal!!!! Lucky personage!!!

thansk fer that!! Ive heard they work wonders!! There the ones that immitate the sun rising or summat arent they?
they give off a special type of light...some days its like she's on speed after using it...so nice after seeing her go through really dark times in her life before she got diagnosed. :hangloose

·
Registered
11,401 Posts
modder said:
they give off a special type of light...some days its like she's on speed after using it...so nice after seeing her go through really dark times in her life before she got diagnosed. :hangloose
sounds intruiging!! May prove very useful!! Keep me informed!!

Bet there a pretty penny!! :eek:

·
Registered
832 Posts
website is

www.outsidein.co.uk

and yep they aren't cheap but well worth it...website has loads of info too on depression and SAD.

good luck and if you need to chat to a stranger then give me a shout. :hangloose

·
Registered
11,401 Posts
modder said:
website is

www.outsidein.co.uk

and yep they aren't cheap but well worth it...website has loads of info too on depression and SAD.

good luck and if you need to chat to a stranger then give me a shout. :hangloose
thanks loads!!

i'll have a sneaky peek on that!! :hug:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts