Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
my wife (s1 bugs) is takeing her test on tuesday and would like a bug i have seen type 3 and 2 in auto but she does not like them . she wants a pink beetle and i have only seen them in semi auto .there is one near buy for sale which needs a respray but runs ok .so would be ideal if she can drive on auto licence :D

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
on the edge said:
my wife (s1 bugs) is takeing her test on tuesday and would like a bug i have seen type 3 and 2 in auto but she does not like them . she wants a pink beetle and i have only seen them in semi auto .there is one near buy for sale which needs a respray but runs ok .so would be ideal if she can drive on auto licence :D
As long as there is no clutch? not sure, then dont see why not. to be safe contact the dvla though.

·
Registered
334 Posts
hi there, I bought a "semi" auto last week for my wife, she can only drive an auto. You can definately drive it like a normal modern auto. I've been driving it all week (can't stop it's so easy to drive) there's 3 forward gears, low, 1st and 2nd. It says in the owners manual (mine came with the original) that for normal driving you put the car in 2nd and go for it. I live in suburban London and have found that in second it's pretty sluggish pulling away (not good when going for it at a roundabout!) So I've been leaving it in first, which means you can keep up with traffic easily. You can go from 0 up to 45ish in first, but you have to change up to second then. to do this you let off the gas and pull the gear stick staight back, then back on the gas. I found on mine if you try to change down from second to first with the revs up it "crunches" the gears. I haven't tried low yet. Reverse is easy to find, just push down on the "knob" and push to the left.
The only problem I've found and my wife doesn't like is the brakes are pretty "vague". Mines got drums all round, and compaired to modern autos they are well s**t, We're gonna get the front coverted to discs.
Hope that helps!!
Go for it!
BAZZA!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts