Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 470 Posts

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Cat and I am a self employed car/auto marine trimmer based in Tring Hertfordshire.

Quite often I look at the cool build threads in here, but I haven’t got a car that I am building. So I thought that maybe I could start a thread for the cool interior builds that I have done/am doing for people.

Sew... (do you see what I did there:lol:) I’m going to start this off with my bay Heidi. The reason I got into upholstery in the first place.

At VW Action many years ago (when it was at Herts County Showground) there was a moon eyes crew cab there that had glitter vinyl seats. I had never seen that in the UK before. It was then my mission in life to have glitter vinyl seats in my van. Several years later and I achieved my goal. (just to add, white interior is completely impractical, but is bloody awesome!)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to try and update this on a Tuesday. Reason being, i do my parents shopping, so i don't work Tuesday. (I guess that's the joy of being self employed) Plus i need to sit down and look through my One Drive. it takes me ages to find stuff in there :lol:

this is from today. i've been working on a wizard hood. I templated from scratch. Got the main thing stitched up today, but got to wait until the weekend for some help putting press studs in etc. once the back is tied down, i can mark out for the window and then concentrate on the door edges and front edge.

this is also a sneaky peak at a new bag i'm making.

i decided to make handbags with left over materials, plus who doesn't want a bag to match their interior :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i know i said i'd post on a Tuesday, but i forgot i had to take my dad for his covid jab today, so i switched my day off for today.

These are the diamond seats that I did for my husband.

He then changed his mind on what he wanted,:rolleyes: so we put them up for sale in the classified section on here, but they didn’t sell. I’m guessing they were too bespoke for most people.

since then, he changed his mind again and they are now back in the bug, waiting for the paint to be fixed.

Attachments

·
Saddest VZi'er 2020
6,742 Posts
Lovely.

My dad could drive a sewing machine, and had a large industrial one for repairing tents and suchlike, but it’s something that I’ve never attempted. I found the machine in one of my brother-in-law’s storage sheds a few years ago, but thirty odd years in a damp corner had sadly left it fit only for scrap.

1 - 20 of 470 Posts