Volkszone Forum banner
261 - 280 of 305 Posts

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #261 ·
i left the mayhem of cleaning up afterwards to the next day :ROFLMAO:

i was supposed to be working on fitting the headliner to the PT50 rest of this week, unfortunately the screen got cracked when fitting it, so i now have to wait until the new new screen is made and fitted, so in the mean time i'll just get on with some other jobs that are booked in.

hope you all have a good week

Cat x

Attachments

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
hello :)

i'm working on something very big this week, i'm hoping next week i can tell you all about it.

so todays post is all about a steering wheel for a bedford van.

i wanted to wrap a steering wheel, but we had sold all our spare steering wheels. i put out a post on our local hot rod forum and said did anyone want to be a guineapig. they would get a leather wrapped steering wheel in exchange for some beers.

i thought i might get a small mountney, but i wasn't expecting a large bedford wheel. by this point i was commited so there was no backing out now :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #271 ·
all done ready for the customer to take away and my beers as payment.

i haven't actually done any steering wheels since this (at this moment in time) but at least if i do get one i have a jig to make my life easier and i am now a master of baseball stitch 😁

for anyone who is interested. this was handstitched using a waxed steering wheel thread. it's thicker than standard upholstery thread and is braided. it's called Serabraid.

see you next week, Cat x

Attachments

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #273 ·
Ah! This has just reminded me - I have a Matra steering wheel I need recovering.

Will you be at VW Action, Cat?
hi Brian,

i am more than happy to look at your steering wheel. do you have any pictures to give me a rough idea please.

you have also just reminded me that i need to book our vw action tickets!

Looking forward to seeing you

Cat x

PS what tea do you drink?

·
Administrator
166,794 Posts
Hi Cat . . . thank you.

The wheel looks like this . . . but it's damaged . . . it needs a leather cover or something . . .

And I drink Tetleys. :)

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #275 ·

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #280 ·
hello from inside an empty lock! we have the boat out the water this week to get the bottom painted. it's a black hole for phone reception and internet, but i have managed to stick the wifi block on the roof outside and so far it's working.

it's quite cool living in a lock for a few days though! plus i actually get to 'walk the plank' just like a real pirate! :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

261 - 280 of 305 Posts