Volkszone Forum banner
281 - 300 of 305 Posts

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #281 ·
so this week i am very excited to share with you my biggest car project to date...

my first full headlining in a vw bay tin top!

as i am sure i have mentioned before, i can't take a vehicle in my workshop, so i was travelling last week to see Hayden and Chris at Panelkraft in Arlesey.

Hayden restored my bay a long time ago when he was still in bourne end in his green shed, so it was great to see him again.

these pics are when i went to see the job. all beautifully painted, no windows in, a proper blank canvas :love:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #282 ·
my original plan was to drive my bay Heidi so that i had a reference point to work from.

i wanted to change the indicators before i went as they kept getting water in them, so i changed the first one, wiggled the bulb to get it to work, then something went pop and the generator light came on the dash and i lost all indicators.

then the key got stock in the ignition which has never happened before. obviously Heidi didn't want to go out :confused:

in hindsight it was probably a good thing, as i was driving 80 miles a day so i would have gone through a whole heap of fuel.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #286 ·
this is the finished headliner.

Hayden is fitting all the windows, I'm quite glad about that as i don't think i could do it on my own and i wouldn't want that responsibility, it's bad enough having to do my own windows :ROFLMAO:

this headliner kit was supplied by the customer from a company called wonderland. i spoke to the guy at this company and he was very helpful.

i have been told by many trimmers that after market headliners do not fit very well and are too short.

in this case, it seemed to work ok, but if the original had been in there, i would have much rather templated from that, as it should fit better.

i feel really proud that i have done this, when i re do my pop top on Heidi (probably next year) i will definitely be putting a new headliner in my bay!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #287 ·
hello, me again :)

our boat is now back in the water and we are back on the mooring. 😁

this week, i thought i'd share the F100 bench seat that i did

this pic was taken when i went to view it. Justin had given me a rough idea of colours which was handy. my sample collection is getting quite big, so trying to take everything with me is a bit of a challenge. 😁

Attachments

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #288 ·
Justin picked out a couple of tan coloured vinyls and a black.

he wanted either tan vinyl with light blue stitching, tan vinyl with tan stitching, tan vinyl with black stitching or black vinyl with tan stitching.

so i ordered some tan vinyl and some thread and set out to make some sample panels for him. this did take me some time to do, but i'm so glad i did.

i am so glad he didn't go for tan with black stitch, i thought it looked horrible :ROFLMAO: the light blue didn't really stand out that much so he went for tan with tan stitching

Attachments

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #289 ·
with the colour choice decided, it was time to strip the seat down

Justin had done something absolutely amazing with this seat...he'd actually used a special oil to preserve the frame and oiled the bolts so it was easy to get apart!!!!!!:ROFLMAO: i felt like the luckiest girl in the world with no bolts snapping on me!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #291 ·
with the frame springs repaired and waiting on new foams to be delivered, i set about making the piping for the seats.

i wanted to wait for the new foams to arrive before making new covers, as if the old covers did not fit on the new foams, then i knew i would have to template from scratch

Attachments

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #296 ·
this is me fitting the seat top.

this was a very special day for me 16th august 2020. on this day in 2019 it was my last day at the office job where i took redundancy due to relocation. a year to the day, during a pandemic here is me getting paid for doing something i love.

celebrating with a nice cup of decaf PG Tips 😁

Attachments

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #298 ·
my favourite part of this seat is the back piece. you will never see it, but it just finishes it off really nicely. it's the inspiration for the back piece on the leather teal seat that i posted a few weeks ago

i also like the top stitch on the base. :cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #299 ·
this truck is at valley gas speed shop, getting some work done.

i have been told when it's all sorted Justin will stop by and say hi. i also did the headliner board in it, so i can't wait to see it all together 😁

Attachments

281 - 300 of 305 Posts