Volkszone Forum banner
321 - 340 of 377 Posts

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #321 ·
hello, it's me!

this week i am working away again 😁

yesterday was spent fitting the headliner in the chrysler pt50. (i wasn't there today as i was doing parent stuff, but i will be back there tomorrow)

hoping to get the headliner trimmed back tomorrow and then fix the carpet set i did in place.

i also sat in a GT40 to take some carpet measurements for a carpet set i will be doing. (there really isn't a glamorous way of getting in and out of one is there?! :ROFLMAO: )

so here is a couple of pictures from yesterday. one of my gorgeous headlining hair :ROFLMAO: and one of me making broom broom noises in my head :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #322 ·
last week i made some box cushions for a friends kitchen dinette on their boat.

it has been a strange few weeks for me. i spent a week working away on the bus headliner, then i spent 2 weeks on and off working on our own boat. so it was really nice last week to get back in the workshop and do worky work! 😁

here's some of the prep work and changing from stripey to this lovely fire retardant blue fabric

Attachments

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #324 ·
hello,

i am happy to report that i finished the Chrysler PT50. my first carpet set from scratch and my first sewn headliner. :D

this is how i started with the carpet. i used template material to get everything in the right place. i'd say it took me about 2 days to get this right. (these things always take longer than you think)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #331 ·
it was at this point i was supposed to fit the headliner...however that's when they realised they needed to put the screen in first.

they did have a few alterations they wanted me to make to the carpet (a slight change of design) so off i went to change a few things before fitting them back to the car. (to be fair they do look better, it's just always a bit frustrating changing things that are finished :p )

Attachments

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #333 ·
carpet set all fixed down into place.

it's quite funny to me in a way. normally i do seats and door cards.

this time i did headliner and carpet and someone else did the seats and doorcards.

hope you've enjoyed my installment this week. this week i'm working on a set of bucket seats, so hopefully i can show you those next week.

until then, hope you have a good week

Cat x

Attachments

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #336 ·
monday was also party day for me. it was 2 years since i took voluntary redundancy from the day job.

so what better way to celebrate than to start templating a tonneaux cover for a ford model A :cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #337 ·
i've been to see the car today to do some more tweaks on the template.

it's a very lengthy process but it's important to get it right so that you don't screw up expensive hooding material

hope this weekend to sort out the ignition barrel on my bay and get the mot bits sorted.

fingers crossed next week she will be ready for VW Action

have a good weekend all

Cat x

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #338 ·
Happy Monday everyone!

this week i bring exciting news of a beetle seat that i finished this morning.

i have always wanted to do something for Brad's Auction at VW Action but never gotten round to it.

This year i have! I had a rogue seat laying around so i thought i would do something with it.

I have wanted to do something with dragon scales for ages now (since i got my template) but it's not something that customers seem to want.

to be honest, since doing this one that took ages, i'm not sure that it's cost effective to do this stitch :ROFLMAO:

any how, here we go.

my build for VW Action :D

321 - 340 of 377 Posts