Volkszone Forum banner
341 - 360 of 377 Posts

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #350 ·
Hope this works from my phone!

This would be great as a man cave chair, maybe make it into a rocking chair?

I don't know how well this will do at the auction, but every penny counts.

I have been feeling I would like to do more though.....so @Brian Burrows if you get more than £100 at the auction and the person bidding has the other front seat that they want to match to put in their car, then I will trim it to match free of charge. (So longas they can get it to me 🙂)

I'm back off to the workshop now to work on the Ford model A

havea great week

Cat x

Attachments

·
Administrator
166,830 Posts
Hope this works from my phone!

This would be great as a man cave chair, maybe make it into a rocking chair?

I don't know how well this will do at the auction, but every penny counts.

I have been feeling I would like to do more though.....so @Brian Burrows if you get more than £100 at the auction and the person bidding has the other front seat that they want to match to put in their car, then I will trim it to match free of charge. (So longas they can get it to me 🙂)

I'm back off to the workshop now to work on the Ford model A

havea great week

Cat x
Excellent! 👍

I’ll do my best to get good money for it.
Bless ya!

·
Registered
9,823 Posts
Cool :) I do like a classy interior that's different to the usual TMI and Newton original style stuff.

I'm currently finalising a much more modern interior for my Bug including very custom door panels requiring the window winder and door opening handles to be relocated and the styling changed. If I was in the UK I could get you to do the Connolly leather seats n doorcards.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #354 ·
Cool :) I do like a classy interior that's different to the usual TMI and Newton original style stuff.

I'm currently finalising a much more modern interior for my Bug including very custom door panels requiring the window winder and door opening handles to be relocated and the styling changed. If I was in the UK I could get you to do the Connolly leather seats n doorcards.
Thank you 😊
Can't wait to see your doorcards. I haven't done any real customising of door cards yet.

It's funny, the more I learn, the more there seems to be a lot of woodwork involved in customising doorcards etc. Something I'd like to do in time 🙂

·
Registered
9,823 Posts
Thank you 😊
Can't wait to see your doorcards. I haven't done any real customising of door cards yet.

It's funny, the more I learn, the more there seems to be a lot of woodwork involved in customising doorcards etc. Something I'd like to do in time 🙂
I'm learning as I go too. There is some woodwork required to learn but much of it is just glueing MDF together and then shaping it for arm rests. Depending on the armrest design some metal fab can be required too for strength as a door pull.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #356 ·
happy Wednesday!

i can't believe it's the first of September today!

today is a very special day for me in many ways:

1: Heidi passed her MOT today, which means we don't have to sleep in a tent at VW Action this weekend! :D

2: i have actually been for a drive in her today. According to the MOT certificate i only did 26 miles in the last year!

3: I have been trading for 2 years today! Honestly didn't think i'd get this far. my initial goal was to try and get through a year, now i have gotten through 2! so my next plan is to get through 3 years!

I have genuinely been blown away by how many people have been viewing this thread, so thank you all, it means a lot.

I'm not a greedy person and i have no plans to become a big shop. i just want to be able to pay my bills, keep my cats and guinea pigs in pet food and be able to have a beer every once in a while.

hope to see some of you at VW Action this weekend

Cat x

Attachments

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #358 ·
i also got the tonneau cover finished on the ford model A.

they are going to fit the lift the dot studs to it and they said they will send me a picture when they have done it.

this is the first tonneau i have done. there was lots of templating went on to get this right.

it still amazes me that i can go from some flat templating material to this :cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #359 ·
i also made this box cushion for the customer.

he had a cushion in it that he liked, but it was too low for him, so i created a new cushion in 5 inch foam and unpicked the panel from his old cushion to insert it into the new one.

it's not something i have been asked to do before, but you gotta do what your told to get paid :)

was really happy with the vintage burgundy colour vinyl, it matches the brown leather a treat. I also had the perfect thread for this.

my brother in law wanted me to do a bike seat for him a couple of years back. i got the leather and he chose the colour thread he wanted. it just so happened that the thread matched the burgundy vinyl :cool:

next up is a carpet set for a GT40!

until next week,

Cat x

Attachments

341 - 360 of 377 Posts