Volkszone Forum banner
361 - 377 of 377 Posts

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #362 ·
what a great weekend we had at VW Action :D

after having the weekend off it's full steam ahead this week. carpet set for a GT40, Triumph Stag T Bar, boat cover repair and starting 8 box cushions for some boat seating that has a very tight deadline.

so this week i give you a job i did a while back. a king size tufted headboard!

customer supplied me the board.

first thing i had to do was work out where all the holes were going to go!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #363 ·
then it was time to cover the buttons.

i bought a second hand button press from gum tree. i couldn't afford the fancy one and this one just about did the job.

i just sat watching strictly, drinking prosecco making buttons.

it is quite mind numbing and my workshop gets cold, so i thought i might aswell do this is the warm on a saturday night. (as you can tell, my weekends are crazy! :ROFLMAO:)

think this was about 120 buttons

Attachments

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #368 ·
hello peeps :)

last week was kind of crazy for me. i finished off the tbar on the stag, quoted on a 1969 etype jag, mg bgt and subaru pick up! i worked on the gt40 with the carpet set, made some scatter cushion covers out of old curtains and started prepping for this weeks work.

lots of what i did last week was on the laptop, so i don't have loads of pics from last week, but let me have a rummage and see what i can find :D

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #370 ·
i cut out the main black pieces for the gt40 carpet. the red carpet is the original and the customer wanted to keep it, so i gave it a good old scrub with dodo juice fibre reviver and the soft bristle brush i got from them. i was very surprised at how well it worked

Attachments

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #371 ·
i've still got to edge and trim a few bits back, but i can't do that at the minute as the car is going off to paint.

i was fitting this on the really hot day last week and there really isn't an easy way to work in one of these cars :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #372 ·
these are the scatter cushions i made. another boater asked if i could make them for him, using his old curtains.

it certainly did feel strange using my domestic machine again, as i haven't used it in a while

Attachments

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #373 ·
this is my job for this week 8 big box cushions. they are for seating in a narrow boat.

i guess it's like any job, prep work is really important and always seems to take longer that you think...or maybe that's just me :ROFLMAO:

until next week

Cat x

Attachments

·
Saddest VZi'er 2020
6,733 Posts
Great work. Very impressive. 👍😀

Reactions: Cat
361 - 377 of 377 Posts