Volkszone Forum banner
421 - 440 of 470 Posts

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #421 ·
the third cover was the back deck of their live aboard boat.

I made this a while back but we hadn't got round to fitting it and then it was decided that they wanted ventilation for over the air vents as they have a small baby.

So i found this mesh fabric and sewed it in where the vents go

Attachments

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #422 ·
i hope you have enjoyed this weeks instalment.

fitting boat covers is definitely a lot of work. you have to take it on and off so many times to attach all the fixings and make sure they are in the right place.

i was lucky that the mate i did these for is a chippy and therefor is not a numpty and knows how to put things together. :ROFLMAO:

it is certainly a 2 person job fitting boat covers!

next week i will show you the other boat cover that i did this week and fitted this morning, before driving to Milton Keynes to buy a horse blanket, even though i don't have a horse. :ROFLMAO: (i'll tell you all about it next week)

have a super weekend

Cat x

Attachments

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #423 ·
Morning all,

hope you are doing ok.

As promised this weeks instalment is boats and horses!

Let's start with a boat called Noblett, this is our neighbours boat that we all use as a water taxi because we can't be bothered to walk round the other side of the canal :ROFLMAO:

Noblett gets filled up with water this time of year, so was in need a cover.

I started out by trying to template it in the water. this proved very difficult, as it was windy that day and standing up in a little boat is quite tricky!

So with some help from my other half and our neighbour Will, we pulled it out of the canal so i could template it. This was so much easier!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
with the cover made it was then time to take it home and fit it to the boat.

we ended up doing this on the Saturday as it was too late by the time i finished on the Friday.

I have to say it was very funny, i had my other half helping me and a bunch of our bloke neighbours just standing round staring at me drilling, putting rivets in and cutting out for turn buckles etc in the cover. one of our neighbours commented that they hadn't seen a women use a shot hammer so well before :ROFLMAO:

so there we go, noblett has a new winter cover :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #426 ·
next up, horse blankets!

yes, horse blankets! i was asked by a friend who works on a polo horse farm if I could fix some horse blankets.

I said ok, then 10 blankets turned up.

I'm not sure what I was expecting to be honest, but I really wasn't prepared for the size of them! As I'm sure by now for those of you have been following this thread, my workshop is very compact.

I already had most of a Subaru pick up interior in there, along with a lot of foam for a camper bed, so it was a little over whelming! :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #427 ·
I spoke to a friend of mine who is a horse person.

She said that when she repairs them, she gets an old blanket and uses that to take pieces off to repair the damaged one.

I enquired if the polo farm had an old blanket that I could use, they said they had thrown them all out.

Good old Facebook Market Place, I found a second hand one, so off I went to buy it

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #428 ·
the first thing i did was to re attach the edging that was dangling down.

where there was no edging, i took it off the donor blanket to attach to the damaged one

Attachments

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #429 ·
when they dropped the blankets off, they said that one of them had a missing panel that needed replacing.

not being versed in the anatomy of a horse blanket, I wasn't really sure. However, because i bought the donor blanket with everything in the right places, i was able to see what was missing :D

this was all that was left from the panel that covers their bottom!

i was able to remove the bottom panel from the donor blanket and sew it into the damaged one. Hopefully this horse won't have a cold behind now :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #430 ·
there were so many repairs to these blankets.

i knew there were repairs to the outside, but there were also lots of repairs to the inside.

i think horses need to be told to take more care of their coats! :p

Attachments

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #433 ·
hello everyone,

i have been busy working on a bay window this week. It isn't finished yet, as such i don't want to post it up here yet, so instead, i thought i'd put up this seating that i did for a nearby pub! i never thought i'd be making seating for a pub!

i was given these delightful red cushions and told to re-use the foam, however on opening them up the foam had definitely seen better days :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #440 ·
i thought i would start with the subaru pick up headlining i have done this week.

it's actually my first 'shell type headlining' so far i have done a flat one, where you just pin into place. an off the shelf bay headliner and a headliner that i made using the old one as a template.

first thing i did was to clean it. Flash magic erasers are great for this. i buy them in bulk from amazon

Attachments

421 - 440 of 470 Posts