Volkszone Forum banner
461 - 470 of 470 Posts

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #463 ·
hope you have enjoyed this weeks instalment.

I'll try not to leave it until so late in the week next week.

I've got some mg seats being dropped off to me beginning of the week. they have the seat foams and covers and i have been told that they were expensive so should fit.

i have heard this before and it hasn't been true, but i will report back and let you know

have a great Sunday evening, I'm looking forward to Doctor Who later

Cat x

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #464 ·
happy tuesday everyone,

I got the MG seats dropped off to me yesterday.

as i thought, the covers are being a bit of a mare to fit, but i'm going to go in there tomorrow with a positive attitude and will them to fit :ROFLMAO:

so this week i thought i would show you the stag seat covers and foams that i fitted last year. these were also a complete pig bag to do. i suppose the difference with these though, is that the new seat foams actually fitted! :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #466 ·
all the foam had collapsed, it seams a common thing in stags

he decided that he would be new covers for the damaged bits and new seat foams.

i said i would fit them and clean up the bits that he was keeping

so off i set on a mammoth cleaning mission, which mostly involved using an old toothbrush to get in the basket weave

once i had cleaned everything, he then changed his mind and decided to get new covers for all of it 🙄:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #469 ·
with the top done, it was then time to tackle the base.

as you can see, the diaphragm was shot and needed replacing.

that was not an easy feat getting the new one on!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #470 ·
base all fitted :D

as with most cars i work on, this one still isn't on the road yet, but i'm hoping i might see it on the road next year.

i am not a big fan of fitting after market covers, i am yet to find one that fits properly, but i'm sure they must be out there :)

until next time Cat x

ps i forgot to say, it came up in my photo memories today that it's been 4 years today that i finished my first bus seat. i never dreamed that from doing my bay window drivers seat i'd end up having my own business doing it. i hope that i'm still going at it in another 4 years time 🤞

Attachments

461 - 470 of 470 Posts