Volkszone Forum banner
661 - 680 of 710 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #663 ·
then i proceeded to template for new pieces. some of them i had to add on extra carpet, so i did this at the car to make sure it all fitted before taking it away to edge it.

the next hurdle was the centre tunnel. it was a very complicated piece to sew, i sewed it altogether (it took 6.5hrs on this one piece) then took it back to the car to check it before edging it.

i then realised there should have been an extra hole for the foot rest that i couldn't see if the old template, so i cut it in....but then realised i had cut it in the wrong place, so had to cut it again. to say i was peeved was an understatement, but i didn't let that show in the resto house 😹

i then looked at the front section around the gear shift, it was majorly saggy and horrid, so after much contemplating, I cut it up into a better shape.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Automotive wheel system
Gas Metal Art Cone Composite material

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #669 ·
Happy Tuesday,

this week i got a long term project out the door. :D

i had a customer come to me who was recommended from a local garage, he wanted a new carpet set in his boot for his MR2. he would pop up on a Sunday for me to tinker with it.

he had some crazy big engine put in it, so it changed the shape of the boot and whoever did the boot job did it pretty weird and it didn't fit

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Trunk Bumper
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Wood Bumper
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #670 ·
i managed to source some of the original panels (who knew it was so hard to get parts for these cars!)

then i altered them and added in a panel that i templated in the car.

i used 4 way stretch carpet, haven't used it before, but it's really lovely to work with

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting
Automotive tire Wood Tread Bumper Automotive exterior
Table Wood Rectangle Floor studio couch
Automotive tire Sleeve Hood Tire Grey

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #672 ·
i have also been frantically working away, getting ready for the local steam rally and classic car show that is on this Sunday.

i have my first stand there! so on Sunday, Steve helped me do a mock up. (i purchased a gazebo today, the weather for sunday is currently rainy!)

the idea is to have examples of my work, plus some bags that i have made out of off cuts to sell (hopefully to recoup some of the costs of the stand)

A couple of potential customers have said they will pop down to show me some things they might like me to work on. so fingers crossed on that.

i'm so glad we did a dry run. it really made me appreciate how much work goes into these things that i had never even thought about before @Brian Burrows I take my hat off to you for organizing VW Action, i have one small 12ft pitch and i'm a little stressed, you do a whole show! 😍

Plant Tree Grass Motor vehicle Public space
Plant Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #673 ·
i finished all the bags today.

it probably sounds silly, but when i look at all the bags, i can't believe i made them all. obviously it's not my main trade, they take so long to make, but hopefully it shows potential customers that i have different skills to drum up customers

Brown Luggage and bags Textile Bag Eyewear
Chess Rectangle Cuisine Board game Indoor games and sports
Hand Finger Personal protective equipment Nail Wrist
Textile Purple Material property Basket Household supply
Shoe Purple Sleeve Violet Tints and shades

·
Registered
119 Posts
Love the bags.
I had an mr2 mk1 many years back, fantastic little cars.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Best of luck with the show.

Tony

• Love
Reactions: Cat

·
Administrator
167,166 Posts
i have also been frantically working away, getting ready for the local steam rally and classic car show that is on this Sunday.

i have my first stand there! so on Sunday, Steve helped me do a mock up. (i purchased a gazebo today, the weather for sunday is currently rainy!)

the idea is to have examples of my work, plus some bags that i have made out of off cuts to sell (hopefully to recoup some of the costs of the stand)

A couple of potential customers have said they will pop down to show me some things they might like me to work on. so fingers crossed on that.

i'm so glad we did a dry run. it really made me appreciate how much work goes into these things that i had never even thought about before @Brian Burrows I take my hat off to you for organizing VW Action, i have one small 12ft pitch and i'm a little stressed, you do a whole show! 😍

View attachment 300237 View attachment 300238
Good luck with the show Cat. (y)

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #677 ·
Love the bags.
I had an mr2 mk1 many years back, fantastic little cars.
View attachment 300245

Best of luck with the show.

Tony
thank you, i have heard lots of steam engines go past this afternoon, ready for tomorrow.

will let you know next week how i got on x

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #680 ·
well...I did it!

it is the first time i have advertised, so i wasn't sure what to expect. i feel very blessed that all the jobs i have had so far have been through word of mouth.

i can honestly say i was blown away by it all.

as i was setting up i had a couple of enquiries. so once i was set up, i looked at an old truck, i think it used to have coal in it. they wanted their doorcards re doing. also a morris traveller that wanted a new headlining. so tonight i will be working out quotes for those.

there were 2 other cars i was supposed to look at, but i was so busy on the stand, that i didn't get a chance, i also ended up with a family emergency so had to leave the show for a bit, but i left my capable husband and friend in charge while i was gone. when i got back they had sold the red handbag and it is being sent to America!

i was asked about all sorts. bike seats, soft tops, boat seating, aston martin dashboards! when i had to pop out, Steve said there was someone that asked about doing their violin case!

i didn't see any of the show, i didn't realise that when you have a stand, you just stay on it 😹

it was also awesome that my cousin Andy came down with his family and my mum popped down too.

so here is the 1 picture that i took from the show 😹

Cloud Sky Plant Tent Tree

661 - 680 of 710 Posts