Volkszone Forum banner
701 - 710 of 710 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #704 ·
greetings on this very muggy evening. my cat Custard is sitting on my lap. it's a mere 30 degrees in the boat and i have a furry hot water bottle on my lap 😹

i got 2 seats done and out the door and have ordered some more material. hoping it turns up end of the week, but it usually gets delayed as it comes from Europe.

my bay also passed her MOT yesterday, so i will be doing some work on her this weekend, getting her ready for towersey festival and VW Action 😸

Brown Comfort Textile Wood Grey
Comfort Grey Wood Automotive design Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #705 ·
hoping to get 2 single seat bases completed for the daf this week with what i have left in stock before the new material turns up.

going to look at a job on a beetle this weekend, so that's exciting.

also got a boat cover repair to do and i want to get my sliding door and tail gate door cards re made. i ordered door blanks from JK today. my sliding door card got jammed in the door and broke and the tail gate one always falls out (it always has, no matter what i do!) so i'm going to try a new board and see what happens.

here is my beautiful bay Heidi. i took the pics at the weekend for the agreed valuation paperwork. gotta be honest i don't think i have ever been this organised. i have actually submitted them before i go to towersey!

when my van first got an MOT (after a lot of welding etc) it was the thursday of the bank holiday weekend and we always go to towersey that weekend. so it has always been a mission to get the van MOTd and insured before we go away.

so i am very happy camper this week!

until next time

Cat x
Tire Wheel Sky Car Vehicle
Sky Wheel Volkswagen type 2 Land vehicle Car

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #707 ·
Hi Cat would it be possible to repair this or would the material need to be renewed
View attachment 301066
hiya, that bottom panel would need to be replaced by the look of it, as the seam edge looks like it has given up, so basically there is nothing there to sew it back to if that makes sense

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #709 ·
That makes sense, next question is will it be possible to get the same material?
you can probably get close. i know its a bit of a strange analogy but when you knit somethine like a jumper, you want to make sure you get the wool from the same dyelot, otherwise there can be a variation of colour in the jumper. the same is true in the upholstery world. thats why i tell people that are thinking of getting their whole car trimmed but can't afford it all in one go, to get all the material upfront, that way it will all match.

does that make sense? x

701 - 710 of 710 Posts