Volkszone Forum banner
721 - 732 of 732 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #725 ·
hello,

hope you've all had a good week. i found out this week courtesy of @santacruzxxx that i was mentioned in hayburner magazine! so i bought a copy. it's the first time i have had my work in a magazine so it's very exciting!

i did these seats a little while ago and it all stems from putting a seat in the charity auction at VW Action last year. so i also want to say thank you to @Brian Burrows because without that auction, this probably wouldn't have happened.

i really love the VW community xxx

Font Publication Wood Gas Menu
Publication Font Automotive design Eyewear Personal protective equipment

·
Administrator
167,206 Posts
hello,

hope you've all had a good week. i found out this week courtesy of @santacruzxxx that i was mentioned in hayburner magazine! so i bought a copy. it's the first time i have had my work in a magazine so it's very exciting!

i did these seats a little while ago and it all stems from putting a seat in the charity auction at VW Action last year. so i also want to say thank you to @Brian Burrows because without that auction, this probably wouldn't have happened.

i really love the VW community xxx

View attachment 301864 View attachment 301865
:cool:🤙

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #728 ·
Hiya,

Wanted to start this week by saying thank you to @santacruzxxx for putting his faith in me when it was my first time doing a rag top.

I did several dummy ones in my workshop before taking the final dummy one to fit on the car, so I could then check it, take it away and make the real one.

Fitting a rag top is definitely a 2 person job. So I'm so glad I did it with a person who knows how they go on and off the car. 😊

Am doing this on my phone. So pics haven't put themselves in order. The blue one is the dummy one
Automotive parking light Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Wood Road surface Asphalt Door Flooring

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Window

Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Grille Sleeve

Wood Floor Rectangle Flooring Hardwood

Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Train Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Car

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #729 ·
I have been working hard on my husbands beach buggy today. He doesn't know this yet...so surprise!

He has been asking me for a very long time to make him a new cover. I had a bit of time in between jobs. So I have been templating it today

Automotive tire Automotive exterior Sleeve Gas Bumper

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Bumper

Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Couch Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #730 ·
bit of a weird week this week.

my dad has had a ton of appointments this week that i needed to drive him to, that has mean very limited time in the workshop.

but i had my chippy mate help me with the bends on the boat job, so i marked everything out and varnished the corners. the other boards are marine ply so they do not need varnishing.

i also finally got a design for the button boards, i learned a new technique for this, so i am very happy with that,

Automotive design Wood Comfort Interior design Art
Furniture Couch Comfort Rectangle Living room

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #732 ·
next week i have more appointments to take my dad to, but we are coming near to the end of them 🤞 then i can get back to it properly.

hoping to finalise the size of the boat boards next week. took them to the boat today to check fit, but they needed a bit taking off, so i will go back next week to check the fit, then i can get on with trimming them! i am learning a lot about woodwork, but i think if there is a next time for this type of job, i will ask the customer to get the woodwork arranged first, so that i don't need to do it.

also got a mg seat repair next week 😸

until next time

Cat x

721 - 732 of 732 Posts