Volkszone Forum banner
761 - 780 of 824 Posts

· Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #762 ·
Obviously there was no way I could repair that foam 🤣 so I had to use the foams provided.

I am yet to find any aftermarket foam kits that fit perfectly without modification

Hopefully you can see by these pics just how far out the foams were. It's a lot of work to get these to fit. Lots of small cuts and checking then checking again

Hat Cap Grey Beige Tints and shades

Automotive tire Hood Leg Motor vehicle Automotive design

· Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #774 ·
Hoping to get the chair done this week and pick up some of the jensen bits so I can get a start on that.

Hope you've enjoyed this week's instalment. I feel like I've gone quite indepth this week. Probably because I'm trying to make up for no post last week 🤣

Until next time

Cat x

· Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #777 ·
I've been in London this weekend for a fancy do! Nothing work related but it was lovely.

I got the chair done. Super happy with how it came out, I even lined up the piping!

I couldn't believe how grubby it was! When it was all finished, I put some beeswax polish on it.

Furniture Chair Table Wood Outdoor furniture
Brown Hood Rectangle Wood Beige
Automotive lighting Road surface Wood Asphalt Gas
Blue Textile Sleeve Wood Tartan
Rectangle Wood Textile Beige Font
Rectangle Wood Tablecloth Flooring Floor
Furniture Wood Table Interior design Outdoor furniture
Chair Wood Outdoor furniture Flooring Armrest
Outdoor furniture Wood Chair Floor Flooring
Wood Art Flooring Event Stool

· Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #778 ·
can't believe its sunday afternoon already! i have had a very busy week, so lets start at the beginning

Monday morning, i decide to strip down the first jensen seat. i knew i needed to order foam for it, but i didn;t know which one until i opened up the seat.

so i find out what i need and long story short there is currently a foam shortage due to a chemical spill in the factory for the chemicals that are needed to make foam! managed to get some ordered eventually.

so i decide to start on the dash board instead. i strip the old cover off and notice some dodgy loose screws underneath, so i think to myself i can't wrap it until i speak to the client about those screws. i then decide to place the leather over the top, just to see how it will look. as you can see, you can notice the screws

Wood Sleeve Gesture Finger Automotive tire

· Premium Member
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #779 ·
so one of my trimmer friends says to me that i need to re foam the top. this means more foam being ordered.

i decide that i may as well start on the centre console first thing in the morning while i wait for the foam to arrive.

so the next day i start on the centre console. my brief was to replace the top and clean up everything else.

what i wasn't expecting was the old foam to be sooo hard i had to chisel it off with a screwdriver and hammer! this took a stupid amount of time to do! lol!

Wood Material property Rectangle Tool Office supplies

761 - 780 of 824 Posts