Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Just learnt That if your going somewhere like comet go late in the day by which time The managers are sweating about sales figures for the day and you can negotiate a Better deal than you might earlier in the day,.:cool:
Mark

·
Registered
336 Posts
yeah

Mmmm, never thought i'd do it but went in yesterday and noticed a minute dent on a dishwasher that wouldn't be seen once in place and ended up paying £100 squid less than the listed price! just make them an offer 'cos tey can only say no. (which i was expecting!)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Not enough people are confident to haggle and I think more should... I always ignore prices on display and ask for best price on item... Then push it down more!!

I love doing it but previous girlfriends have been embarrassed by me doing it which again I don't understand!!

It's always a good ploy to look for reasons to drop price and one of my favourites of the past has been when the only item left is the display model... cue huge 20% or more discount and free accessories!!! (Cos if they don't give you the display model it's a deal breaker and you go to another shop!!)

Haggling can take time but you just have to be determined... in sales you have retial price... general price and the bottomed out price... push them to the bottomed out which may take a little while but if you really want your item you'll do it!!

Good tip about the end of the day tho... the larger groups have daily weekly and monthly sales targets to be met and if they are way off the daily targets they will go a tad further to secure sale!

Good man

·
Registered
74 Posts
Another good one is to find the same item in 2 different shops. Ask one if they can beat the price of the other. Did this when buying a watch for my wife. Just kept going back to the 2 shops until one could not beat the other. It took a while and the wife was not to impressed at the time but saved me well over £100.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
:D i did that in motorworld they had a sub up for £39.99 but halfords had it at £29.99 motorworld said £25 with some random accsessories plus the fact ive just spent £350 odd quid on audio visual gear

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.