Looking for some inspiration for my new 1966 bug, bought only on Sunday:D
I'm looking for some ideas for the future
(when i get some money!!)
Here it is atm:

Exterior and Interior Please ;)

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
Paint the wheel centres back to black and lower the passenger-side rear light back to it's proper altitude - and keep it as is :D

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
64J said:
id fix that N/S rear light unit too looks a tad low to me :crazy:
yup, certainly something wrong there. should be:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very very tidy interior mate!
Mines a bit messy at the mo.
and i think my rear lights are level i think it's just that that pic was taken on my wonky drive!! :rolleyes:
i will double check it tomorrow though!

·
Premium Member
7,801 Posts
4*66 said:
What colours yours mate mines apparently an original antique white!
L87 Pearl White. As is yours! With a red interior, I think it's a perfect colour combination :)

'66s are great daily drivers in stock form, the 1300 engine is very reliable. If you need any reference pics, just let me know :)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
o.k just went out and had a look at the car and i think they definitely are wonky and it's not just the pic!! :rolleyes:
The bloke i bought the car off said he put a new wing on and had it resprayed etc. does it look likes its the wrong wing??

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
scruffvdub said:
Was that Photo taken at the top on the way tho watergate bay???????
do'nt know mate the bloke who owned mit before me took the pic but he said he went to cornwall in it if thats any help??

·
Registered
490 Posts
4*66 said:
o.k just went out and had a look at the car and i think they definitely are wonky and it's not just the pic!! :rolleyes:
The bloke i bought the car off said he put a new wing on and had it resprayed etc. does it look likes its the wrong wing??
if it came with no holes for the light unit he may have just drilled them slightly to high as i think the light position stays the same for the 1200style lights

·
Registered
774 Posts
If you're really not happy with it the way it is you could always go for this look!

This is my 66 a few months back, now it's got the body off while Tony Longhurst does his stuff as the resto begins. Going to restore it back to glorious monotone (Seasand), and re-upholstering it in off white TMI Covers from cip1, may see about lowering it a touch but nothing too stupid. I reckon yours looks great as it is, keep the high light too, it's a conversation starter (!)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts