Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Type 1
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I....the brave one! have been to every corner of the globe in search of one answer.....???

How long is it acceptable to go without showering?????

I say at least 2 weeks (provided you dont stink):bandit:

2 days if your a lady;)

G

·
I am a lady and i think the longest i've gone without a shower/bath is 36 hours :) FACT.

I just can't go any longer, so if i have to have a cold one, i will..... a cold dribble is better than nothing, as proved at Plymouth Volksfest ;)

·
Registered
17,975 Posts
i shower everyday!
why not when it only takes like 5 mins?
especially seen as i dont wash my hair too often :lol:

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Generally I like to adopt a max 24 hour rule. This can go out of the window at shows but at worst that'll be fri am - sun pm without one.

·
Registered
16,703 Posts
In the military if you are on exercise, showers go out the window. Combat showers are what you have instead, baby wipes and deoderant are your friends as is a short hair cut. I adopt the same thing at shows. I have gone about 19 days without a shower in the desert before, that wasn't nice at all :(

I hate not being clean, I have to have one every day where possible.

·
Registered
884 Posts
During one Army operation i never had a shower for over a month but as part of your daily routine you would give all of your hairy bits ,crevises ,feet etc a thorough wash with a face cloth (corner cut of your towel) and liberal doses of non perfumed talk.

Also spent 4 days in a noddy suit (nuclear chemical and biological suit) (charcoal lined) on salsbury plane ,very warm summer digging trenches etc and most of the time with a resporator on which was filling up with sweat.

Was very glad to get a shower after that and would not wish those days on my worst enemy .

As for if your talking about in a camper you can have a good wash so no excuses just like people in hospital having a bed bath

·
Registered
16,703 Posts
During one Army operation i never had a shower for over a month but as part of your daily routine you would give all of your hairy bits ,crevises ,feet etc a thorough wash with a face cloth (corner cut of your towel) and liberal doses of non perfumed talk.

Also spent 4 days in a noddy suit (nuclear chemical and biological suit) (charcoal lined) on salsbury plane ,very warm summer digging trenches etc and most of the time with a resporator on which was filling up with sweat.

Was very glad to get a shower after that and would not wish those days on my worst enemy .

As for if your talking about in a camper you can have a good wash so no excuses just like people in hospital having a bed bath
Fuckin A! Baby wipes are your friend!

·
Registered
20,316 Posts
In the military if you are on exercise, showers go out the window. Combat showers are what you have instead, baby wipes and deoderant are your friends as is a short hair cut. I adopt the same thing at shows. I have gone about 19 days without a shower in the desert before, that wasn't nice at all :(

I hate not being clean, I have to have one every day where possible.
Just like going to a festival, aside from the hair :D

·
Registered
884 Posts
Fuckin A! Baby wipes are your friend!
The only problem with them when they came out was they were in a big fuck off tub so you had to try and put them in something a bit more handy and green :D

Do you think we should tell them about the rashion pack bog roll ,folding and corner tare off technique:lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
i think ive gone a week before max, during a period of camping, binge drinking and general idiot beaviour. i smelt like a foot.

Speaking of feet, im inna cast thats been on for almost 2 months, and my foot is a state!!! 2 months without washing is defenitely not advised. i can just about do my toes with a kitchen cleaner wipe :lol:, and even tey are all thick skinned smelly and nasty lookin, god only knows what the rest of my foot will be like :eek:

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I usually bath/shower at least twice a day (Morning and evening) if I'm at a show and no facilities are available then its baby wipes all over

·
Premium Member
43,924 Posts
I....the brave one! have been to every corner of the globe in search of one answer.....???

How long is it acceptable to go without showering?????

I say at least 2 weeks (provided you dont stink):bandit:

2 days if your a lady;)
2 weeks...acceptable? no, go take a shower you dirty bastard :p

everyday is preferable, at shows with no facilities 3 days max.

People with BO should be arrested IMHO the dirty b******s :lol:
quoted for truth :D

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
The only problem with them when they came out was they were in a big fuck off tub so you had to try and put them in something a bit more handy and green :D

Do you think we should tell them about the rashion pack bog roll ,folding and corner tare off technique:lol::lol:
ewwww:lol: has anyone actually done it though? I can only see it working with a very clean snap:lol:

And 2 weeks is a BIG NO. dirty bugger.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts