Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The previous owner took it to this state (+ a new camo hood) before Si bought it....

Looked cool in a ratty sort of way

Never lauged so much as the day we picked it up - Trekkers are mental :crazy:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was run like this for a while over the summer although it was obvious work would be needed.........

When the body was split from the pan the sill bottoms were pretty much non existent.

After much work (and money - mostly in Cubists direction :eek: ) including replacement wings, new inner and outer sills, much of the pan replaced, new bumpers custom pressed, entire shell bare metaled etc etc etc it's in this state today

·
Registered
784 Posts
Cool - I always liked the trekker, this looks like top workmanship. Keep at it and keep the pics coming! This forum saves me a fortune in car mags - thanks people!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
You've stitched that together beautifully and Mrs C says thankyou for keeping our kids from the poor house ;)

When will it be back on the road?

·
Registered
21,194 Posts
Fookin ace, i love trekkers, i think it'll be my next dub.

Goy anymore pics?

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
busy, busy, busy

Box and brake lines in

Front brakes and shiney shocks!

Doors

Shiney black column and polished housing

and the cherry on top
instant death :eek: :bandit:

·
Registered
300 Posts
trekker

Nice work :D
How much of the body did Si repair or replace.

Did you use those wings i got off Cubist(the orange ones Si had with the trekker) or did you get somemore?
It certainly looks straight.

Can't wait to see in in paint bud :D

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
smutny said:
Nice work :D
How much of the body did Si repair or replace.

Did you use those wings i got off Cubist(the orange ones Si had with the trekker) or did you get somemore?
It certainly looks straight.

Can't wait to see in in paint bud :D
About half of the pans are still original metal, it's had wings, new inner and outer sills/sides, rear corner bottoms. Plus a lot of fiddly little bits.

He still has one of the orange front wings and a door that are available for sale, if anybody needs em.

ALOT of work has gone into this - mostly by Si himself, with some help from mates - especially Julian on the welder and Steve pointing him in the right direction with straightening it all out. I've done fook all really, apart from helping dismantling it - sorry mate

Hopefully new trim and seals should arrive soon.....

1 - 20 of 122 Posts