Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's low at the moment but I want to 'Slam' it... :D

I don't get how you narrow the front beam as it works on the same principle of a torsion bar..... any advice needed. I wanna get it almost as low as the yellow fasty on page 46 of Nov Volksworld....

Not 'so' slammed at the front.... not a fan of rake :)

Any advice, and anyone able to do it, or help me do it appreciated... Can't afford to 'get it done' ....

Cheers

Steve.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Its this low at the moment...

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
if you go much lower with those wheels youre gonna start rubbing the arches

try sticking a bag of cement in each end

for narrowing,most people seem to convert to type 1 front-not easy,def not cheap

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
most slammed ones run a king and link pin front end, then you'll need a disc conversion and also narrow it a fair bit to keep the tyres in.

probably a custom one is your best bet, but you'll still need the inner bars, stub axles etc.

not going to be cheap (£500-£700 all in at a guess)

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
bugger. :(

Tyres are already rubbing on the arches at full turn.....

Any other options???

May have to consider selling it and get myself a pre narrows K+L bug... hmmmm

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ive got mine this low........front is as low as it can go, any more and it will foul the wings.

The back i have just slammed to the floor, i took the bump stops off to get it even lower..........but you pay a price for having it really low, the ride is like sitting on the back of a bucking mule....its bumpy as hell.

If you do got really low............invest in a gumsheild!

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Ive got mine this low........front is as low as it can go, any more and it will foul the wings.

The back i have just slammed to the floor, i took the bump stops off to get it even lower..........but you pay a price for having it really low, the ride is like sitting on the back of a bucking mule....its bumpy as hell.

If you do got really low............invest in a gumsheild!

:cool: fasty dude love it ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts