Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
snide twat
39,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Managed to find some time to do some work on the Midget today, went from this:

to this:

need to get the arch repair panel, fix the other end of the inner sill then mount the outer, and thats one side done :)

anyone else do anything constructive ?

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
i set up a water butt, which is 6 meters from the drainpipe!! and painted the fugly blockwork wall of next doors outbuilding, so my gardens lookin better, and strangely enough im hoping for rain :)

no vw content there either

·
Registered
10,584 Posts
spiny said:
I got some work done on my fasty chassis. nearly there to paint now. just another hours or so welding and grinding, then clean and paint :D

·
Registered
10,675 Posts
Nice to see some more progress on this. :)

spiny said:
I broke some concrete (not easy at it was two layers for some reason :confused: ) and dug around it and set a new concrete post in to replace a rotten wooden one. And made up some bolts to hold a wooden bit to the concrete for my new fence.

Needed doing but boring work... Have to see about doing the rest of them over the next week or two...

·
Banned
18,437 Posts
:) looking good ...i can smell the welding just looking at those pictures

I cleaned out my garage this weekend so i can do some of the above again ..filled half a skip with junk :eek:

What engine you puting in it ?

·
25 character limit is cra
6,619 Posts
Cool :D

What condition is the rear bulkhead in? The bit where it joins the floor and hangs the rear springs? Mine was horrible :(

But it did get finished eventually

·
snide twat
39,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
garethj said:

What condition is the rear bulkhead in? The bit where it joins the floor and hangs the rear springs? Mine was horrible :(

behind the seats is ok, but the area in the boot is a little flakey, I need to give it a good poking with a screwdriver and see whats what really :)

bought the rear arch repair and the filler panels for each end of the uter sill at lunch earlier - it's very handy working a few minutes away from Moss Europe :)

·
6,619 Posts
spiny said:
it's very handy working a few minutes away from Moss Europe :)
Yep, when I worked in Cardiff I used to go home every Friday via the MG parts place :D

Thank goodness I never added up all the parts receipts :(

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
clarkson said:
Why would that make a difference?
Wire wheels had a habit of collapsing under load - they weren't as strong as steel wheels. My dad used to be in the Austin Healey club - one guy was doing a driving challenge against the clock around cones, pulled away hard and the hubs spun in the wheels and ripped out the spokes.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
dude

my first car was a RWA 72 midget cool as........ kept it for 18 years , fully restored twice ........ loved my skateboard :D broke my heart to sell her but the proceeds went towards my split so there was a happy ending !

:D

·
snide twat
39,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Marko UK said:
Nice, ALWAYS chrome ;) :D

Here's a photo of my old man in his rallying days:
cool, mine has the same 'square' rear arches :)

found some time last night to tackle the front of the sill too :

before:

after:

should have some fresh metal on it by tonight.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
garethj said:

NO WAY that looks like my old one !!!!!

plate isnt RCH by any chance ??? :D

·
6,619 Posts
splitpopart said:
NO WAY that looks like my old one !!!!!

plate isnt RCH by any chance ??? :D
I can't remember, but I sold it about 9 years ago. It took me 2 years to restore it, and the previous owner had it in his garden for a couple of years before that. So unless you owned it after 1998 or before about 1990, it's not yours.

It's a 1275 round wheelarch model. It was a hoot to drive, B roads were loads of fun. And more space inside than the Suzuki Cappuccino I had later :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts