Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slough Swapmeet - THIS coming sunday:

Slough Swap Meet Map

No there is not overnight VZ camping. There is no show and shine nor themed disco nor racing :incheek: It's just a great f'ing big VW swapmeet/autojumble.

There is NO CAR PARK TRADING - not the organisers fault - it's the terms of the hire of the hall. Please don't put the event in jeopardy by p1ssing them off , or have the stewards come and tell you to pack up - they're a good bunch just keeping the landlord happy.

There may be a few tables left to hire - check on the website where the map is.

TY

·
Click here to delete.
20,566 Posts
Do you have a table for your starter motor? :incheek:

Also there is no bar, no kids allowed, non VW owners will be asked to park in Maidenhead and catch the bus, 4x4 owners may park in Windsor and Eton. There is to be no running in the halls, no sticking "Kick Me" signs on the back of anyone and anyone found with chewing gum or a mobile phone will have them confiscated 'til the end of the day.

Can I remind you all next weeks WI meeting is dress optional, by that I mean you don't have to wear a dress, not come undressed as Mrs Barrington-Smythe did at the AGM. Oh and bring something for the raffle a cake or some jam.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Dodge said:

Also there is no bar, no kids allowed, non VW owners will be asked to park in Maidenhead and catch the bus, 4x4 owners may park in Windsor and Eton. There is to be no running in the halls, no sticking "Kick Me" signs on the back of anyone and anyone found with chewing gum or a mobile phone will have them confiscated 'til the end of the day.

Can I remind you all next weeks WI meeting is dress optional, by that I mean you don't have to wear a dress, not come undressed as Mrs Barrington-Smythe did at the AGM. Oh and bring something for the raffle a cake or some jam.
:D :D

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
So much for giving people a heads up, last year the organisers were threatened if cars even had for sale signs in the window.

who needs swapmeets anyway?

·
Banned
6,339 Posts
Personally i love Slough Swapmeet, always cool to look round the carpark as much as the swapmeet itself.

That said, the sports centre does have it's limitations, and maybe a new venue should be looked into if they are getting too demanding.

On the other hand, the organisers have always tried to prevent car park traders anyway, as they obviously think it imnpacts their margin...

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dodge said:
There's a subtle difference between a starter motor coming out of a boot and a £20 note changing hands with a pre arranged buyer, and the tat that some folk try an peddle on sheet laid out in the car park. :tick:

·
Registered
12,358 Posts
M.I.B said:
There's a subtle difference between a starter motor coming out of a boot and a £20 note changing hands with a pre arranged buyer, and the tat that some folk try an peddle on sheet laid out in the car park. :tick:
Elephants foot back lights and 70s bug glass :lol:

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bent crank pulleys, oily chipped 1200 BPs with no wrist pins, torn twin port tin, pair of cracked late bay indicator lenses for £5......

all sat on one of those blue plastic woven tarps made out of onion bag material :D

Or there's always one with a hatchback open displaying neon belly lights, noname speaker kits, washer jet lights and spinner wheel trims :D

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Well all i can say is I hope there are people there this Sunday, 'cos when i got there last Sunday, not a single f***ing VW in the bloody car park!

Got the missus and the boy up early, 2hours and then 2 hours back, still not popular at the mo :eek: :crazy:

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
c4r49h said:
Well all i can say is I hope there are people there this Sunday, 'cos when i got there last Sunday, not a single f***ing VW in the bloody car park!

Got the missus and the boy up early, 2hours and then 2 hours back, still not popular at the mo :eek: :crazy:
:D

Bet there'll be a few who turn up the next Sunday afterwards too :D

·
25 character limit is cra
6,631 Posts
M.I.B said:
bent crank pulleys, oily chipped 1200 BPs with no wrist pins, torn twin port tin, pair of cracked late bay indicator lenses for £5......
At VW Action a few years ago I saw a bloke advertising some real rubbish: oval pistons & cylinders, oval drums... why would you bother?

:(

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
garethj said:
At VW Action a few years ago I saw a bloke advertising some real rubbish: oval pistons & cylinders, oval drums... why would you bother?

:(
:D :D :D

Split bumpers, split headlights - if they're broken, dump them in the recycling, don't try and sell them.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm pretty sure that I don't know anyone with a late beetle. (And I know lots of VW folk) let alone someone who needs a set of lights.

Do they not fit Bays?

·
Banned
3,142 Posts
M.I.B said:
I'm pretty sure that I don't know anyone with a late beetle. (And I know lots of VW folk) let alone someone who needs a set of lights.

Do they not fit Bays?
you know me ;)
i own a 70' ,that could be classed as a late beetle?

·
walking the black dog
65,372 Posts
c4r49h said:

Oops!
http://www.volkszone.com/shows.shtml
and print it out, put it on the kitchen cork board and then there is no excuse to get it wrong. Sorry, but I am laughing (a little bit)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts