Volkszone Forum banner

Slow cranking issue.

639 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ben Phillips 
#1 ·
Hi all, this is my first post on Volkszone. I have search high and low for a answer to a persistent issue I’m having with my 1990 1.9 manual T25 petrol engine.
The first start of the day is good, but after driving for 10 minutes, stopping the engine, and trying to restart again, it only cranks over very slowly and will NOT start.
Ive fitted a new started motor, changed the battery, renewed the earth and negative cables. Charged the plugs, distributor lever and cap, and also the leads. But the problem sill persists. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. (Am I able to add a video to this thread)

See less See more
#4 ·
In the picture, your battery negative cable appears to be secured with a wing nut.
This may not be tight enough, causing a poor earth connection.
Also, check the inside surface of both battery post clamps, they need to be squeaky clean and shiny to make good contact with the posts.

#5 ·
In the picture, your battery negative cable appears to be secured with a wing nut.
This may not be tight enough, causing a poor earth connection.
Also, check the inside surface of both battery post clamps, they need to be squeaky clean and shiny to make good contact with the posts.
Ok i could change this wing nut but it came with the, but it came with the new terminals. i can clean up the whole are but I'm convinced this isn't the issue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.