Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
26,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reminded of My childhood By a Thread on here last night and I mentioned a Toy car Ive had for Years....
I had a look at it earlier (A Red Toy Fastback) and it took me back to days of Pushing It around the sandpit at Eton Wick School (Something that was frowned upon altho I would spend every playtime being told off for partaking in such Pastimes.):lol:
One of My then best mates (a lad Called Gary Richardson) had all the coolest Toy Cars and it turned out His Parents were Big Collectors of the things.
Seriously the Place was like Museum
Every room had Cabinets of the things and they also Manufactured White Metal Kits (Mikansue)
My mind was then transported to the Model shop they opened in the Village (Long gone now sadly, but the next owners Son got me into the whole VW thing....a whole different story)
anyway roll forward to today and I was browsing thru an Antiques shop today and i found a long out of print book on collectable toy cars............ written by his parents:eek:
How fuckin freaky is that :eek::lol:

Yup I did buy it:lol:

·
26,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quote from Pocket calculators Poem thread yesterday.....Thats really Good.Reminds me of my Childhood Visiting my Uncle Sean in Camden.
Fuckin Tops was My Uncle Sean,He used to be a caretaker In a big Tower Block (Looked like Nelson Mandella House of only Fools)and would find me all manner of interesting stuff Old tellys radios, A really cool Radiogramme a big Pile of old Records.....Well all these things were great till they went Phut/Stopped Working/Burst into Flames/Fell apart.
I have a Matchbox Toy Fastback from him and it is one of my treasured Posessions

·
People know me
32,054 Posts
1998 dont tell me you have connections with that too Like the chopper club thing cos life is freaky enough as it is:lol:
Well believe it or not............

Nah, not really :lol:

·
Registered
13,193 Posts
:eek: I used to play with that purple one without even realising it was VW :lol:

I had a white bug, a blue metallic bug, and some other random ones, but I only remember the 2 bugs, the purple fasty, and some old american thing :D

I haven't seen it for years! Gonna have a hunt! :D

·
People know me
32,054 Posts
:eek: I play with my purplehead, sometimes without even realising it :lol:

I had a white model bug, a blue metallic bug, and some other random ones, but I only remember the 2 bugs, the purple fasty, and some old american thing and I put them all up my ass

I haven't seen them for years! One day im gonna turn the other way and play with a C*nt! :D
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :lol:

·
26,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah seems to be a weak spot, the red ones are the oldest - all three are slightly different especially the pink one with '70's radiused arches and fat wheels!
Yup Im prettyu sure i have the others too .....i will have a quick check:)

·
People know me
32,054 Posts

·
26,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wow, cool collection, can you get rid of that Bug thats on the same shelf as the Type 3s Please it spoils the picture :lol:
Ah that ll be a Nikki thing quietly secreting bugs on the type 3 shelf .....
2 mins I will sort it for ya

1 - 20 of 29 Posts