Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any fans on VZI?

I love the band's music and was a bit put out when they split up.

Anyway, I've been following these reunion rumours for a year now; and two days ago a new 'clue' to the future was published on the official site and Billy Corgan's site.

www.billycorgan.com
www.smashingpumpkins.com

I love a good mystery. :)

·
In Mortal Danger.
18,900 Posts
I loved the pumpkins, saw one of their first uk gigs at the international 2 in Manchester many many years ago!

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sushi said:
I loved the pumpkins, saw one of their first uk gigs at the international 2 in Manchester many many years ago!
I only saw them once at the NEC and was sat down in a grandstand. Major let down. I'd love to see them at Brixton or the Forum.

Saw Billy Corgan's solo gig at the Forum last year and that was pretty good.

·
In Mortal Danger.
18,900 Posts
i'm not sure if a reunion is such a good idea, they are old timers now :lol: although i have to admit i am interested to see what they will sound like.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Rich Oakley said:
Gish was one of the best albums of 1991 IMHO.
Saw them live in Wolverhampton in 1992 (I think). Worst band I have ever seen live! They were supported by Verve (who were the second worst live band I have ever seen).
It was 1993 ;)

I was there too....

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was twelve in 1992, listening to 'Rave '92'. Don't worry be happy guys.

I'm on my third Meloncholy CD case now, I think the discs themselves are starting to get a bit thin too. ;) :D

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Love The Pumpkins!

Went to see them at Wembley in '96. They were really good IMHO

Siamese Dream is one of my all time favourite albums!

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
i fucking love the pumpkings siamese dream is an all time classic!!!!
couldnt get in to zwan though it was missing summut!
and dont say the other pumpkins members!! :incheek:

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
swamp said:
and dont say the other pumpkins members!! :incheek:
On that note, as far as I am aware, it is only Chamberlain and Melissa Auf Der Marr that have confirmed interest in reforming. Would be nice to make it a 'full' reunion.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Sorry I thought this thread was all about halloween and making scary faces and horrible games guess I,ll just have to go back to bed ;)

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
i asked a mate once, "so do you like smashing pumpkins" he replied with a confused look " no i havent tried it" :lol: made me giggle

mei :hangloose

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
obviously my kinda mate :crazy:

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Richardy said:
On that note, as far as I am aware, it is only Chamberlain and Melissa Auf Der Marr that have confirmed interest in reforming. Would be nice to make it a 'full' reunion.
melissa pah. if theyre gonna do it they need darcy billy jimmy and james.
they were the pumpkins, itd be like having the guy from adore on drums........its not the real thing

·
Registered
8,202 Posts
Richardy said:
Not much of a reunion then really? He usually gets Jimmy envolved anyway :incheek:

Now a Screaming Trees reunion on the oher hand........

·
Registered
287 Posts
Heard one of their tracks on radio one the other day.It was a mix tape feature by Zane low, brought back so many memories of good times!! :crazy:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts