Volkszone Forum banner
241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #242 ·
Beautiful Beaches. Is the album any good?😁
Disappointing so far. Their last two were some of their best work so I’m hoping it’s a grower!

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #243 ·
Hey Runsters!

With soap opera-esque private life issues to contend with recently I’ve struggled with the plate spinning of life and I have to confess I let the running plate smash on the floor, choosing to miss last weekend’s long run. Quite an important run too as it would’ve been my first run into a double figure mileage.

Thankfully this week saw my life on a bit more of an even keel and I decided to pick up the pieces of my running and glue them back together. With all this in mind (and temptation to not bother strong in my mind) it is with some pride that I tell you that I hit my target of a double figure run; 10.5 miles to be exact. I can’t pretend it was a breeze but I only really started to struggle towards the end and was delighted with the result. It was a hot one at times too!

Onwards and upwards eh folks?

Some of today’s musical highlights keeping this tubster rolling along were:

I Can’t Wait - New Shooz
Hurt - Johnny Cash

If you’d like to play a part in this madness, you can sponsor me here:

Bath time and then off out for a Father’s Day curry with my wonderful family. A good day indeed.

Keep on running!
Andy
🙂

Tubbyrunster (Insta & Faceache)

#londonmarathon #vlm2020 #marathontraining #tubbyrunster #teamorange #musculardystrophyuk #virginlondonmarathon #johnnycash #newshooz

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #244 ·
Hey Runsters!

With heavy cloud cover and even some light drizzle this morning I could be forgiven for my assumption that today’s run would be cooler. Not a bit of it though. I’m sat here in recovery sweating.

I’ve taken things steady since my ten miler on Sunday and I think that’s been a wise move, leaving me able to put in a convincing 7 mile run this morning. As I’ve always said; slow and steady loses the race…..or something like that.
Today’s musical highlights keeping this tubster rolling along were:

Texas Sun - Khruangbin & Leon Bridges

Get Out My Head - Shane Codd
Keep on running!

Andy
:)

#londonmarathon #vlm2020 #marathontraining #tubbyrunster #teamorange #musculardystrophyuk #virginlondonmarathon #texassun #shanecodd #khruangbin #leonbridges

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #245 ·

As ageing rocker Jon Bon Jovi would say; ‘Woooah! We’re half way there’!

A half marathon slowly but surely smashed out of the park for me yesterday and I’m as proud as punch with my progress. I don’t often stop to congratulate myself but today I’ll make an exception, well done me!

When I left home I did have a distance target of double figures in mind but wasn’t sure how things would go and didn’t check my miles until far later in the run to keep up morale. I have to say that the weather was perfect with the heat only affecting the latter part of the run which certainly helped me along.

As a reward I went for a bottomless Prosecco meal at a local restaurant with Mrs.Runster and am feeling the after-effects of both the run and the excess booze today! I don’t intend to move far from the couch this afternoon.

Musical highlights keeping this tubster rolling along were:

Convoy - C. W. McCall
Top of the World - James

Keep on running!
Andy
🙂

#londonmarathon #vlm2020 #marathontraining #tubbyrunster #teamorange #musculardystrophyuk #virginlondonmarathon #cwmccall #convoy #james

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #246 ·

Hey Runsters!

I’ve been a bit lax after the success of my ‘Bon Jovi’ half way there run a few weeks ago. Busy with work, social life and a toe injury (that may or may not have been alcohol related) have all played their part. Today though, in 30 degree heat I decided to get some miles under my feet; dripping with sweat & slightly hungover I nailed a 6 mile walk in 30 degree C (88 degree F) heat.

Hoping for more of a productive week of running next week. Watch this space.

Musical highlights keeping this tubster rolling along were:

Chaise Longue - Wet Leg

Chelsea Dagger - The Fratellis

Keep on running!
Andy
:)

#londonmarathon #vlm2020 #marathontraining #tubbyrunster #teamorange #musculardystrophyuk #virginlondonmarathon #fratellis #wetleg #thefratellis

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #248 ·
Reactions: type3

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #250 ·
Man, I had to deliberately walk in the shade of trees on the final leg just to make it home! :D
Ha! Same here. Kept crossing the road to seek out shaded paths :LOL:

·
Retired Mr.Vzi
23,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #252 ·
241 - 252 of 252 Posts