Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some advice from all you snow boarders on here .

Got two weeks boarding booked for christmas but got no board and one of my mates has just offered to sell me his which he no longer needs .
I basically just want to know if its any good because i haven't been boarding that long so don't know much about the boards n' stuff, its an APOCALYPS? APO LINE 570 with Salomon bindings and board bag. Its 3 years old and had about two and a half weeks use and he wants £100 for it plus a Little bit of work done on his house. So dose this sound like a good deal to you lot or should i get a brand new board?

Cheers
Em :hangloose

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
3,840 Posts
Seems like a good deal. I have heard of APO boards. I think they are a French company.

You've got the bindings thrown in which seem okay. Make sure all the catches undo, do up, undo really easily. You don't want to get caught up with dodgy mechs. Take the bindings off and check the threads on the screws. There in a bag too so that's cool. You'll have to fork out for a service but that's not much.

Type in the board name and see whether it's freeride or freestyle. If you are only going to use it now and again it could be a good starter.

I waited seven years befor I finally forked out. Worth every penny :D

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Are you male or female?

Womens boards are built different to mens so be careful, Also what height are you? What size is the board is he selling? Also the bindings come in differnt sizes depening on boot size.

Im about 5ft 3, I run a ladies 145 board which ive had 7 years, slightly on the smaller side but i am comfortable and attached to it lol ! Im looking at buying a new one, so will prob go between 145cm and 150cm.

Hope this helps. Pm if you need any other info

Adele ( On other halfs login! )

:)

·
3,840 Posts
Me again

http://www.apo-snowboards.com/uk/

They seem to have a forum or just send an email to their customer services saying you got it as a present can you have some info.

I'm a 5ft 10ins fat bastard so I ride a 162. It's also an all round board cos I can be a bit flighty on the slopes.

hope this helps

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SteveW4130 said:
Im assuming you are a Lady ? :D

Womens boards are built different to mens so be careful, Also what height are you? What size is the board he is selling? Also the bindings come in differnt sizes depening on boot size.

Im about 5ft 3, I run a ladies 145 board which ive had 7 years, slightly on the smaller side but i am comfortable and attached to it lol ! Im looking at buying a new one, so will prob go between 145cm and 150cm.

Nope sorry im a 6ft man don't you know :D !!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
coops said:
Me again

http://www.apo-snowboards.com/uk/

They seem to have a forum or just send an email to their customer services saying you got it as a present can you have some info.

I'm a 5ft 10ins fat bastard so I ride a 162. It's also an all round board cos I can be a bit flighty on the slopes.

hope this helps
cheers mate im about 6ft lanky streak of p#*s dont know much about sizes of boards somone told me they should stand up and be level with your chin/ nose?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SteveW4130 said:
My other half is 5ft 8 and he rides a 156 Burton board, the advice above still relates to you ;) Make sure the size is OK of the board and bindings!

Adele
i think the size is OK it quit a wide board which is good because I've got big feet .the mate who I'm getting it of is about the same height as me but a fair bit heaver

cheers em

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SteveW4130 said:
Are you male or female?

Womens boards are built different to mens so be careful, Also what height are you? What size is the board is he selling? Also the bindings come in differnt sizes depening on boot size.

Just been thinkin about what youve just said ,the board im talkin about its not a womans board is it? :eek:

·
3,840 Posts
Yeah that's a reasonable way of finding out. Mine comes up to my bottom lip. If it's a freestyle board it will have loads of flex for jumping and landing and normally be shorter. If it's a freeride board it'll normally be a longer board with a stiffer flex for more stabilty.

Snowboar d UK normally have a Bible that can help you loads.

I ride a Burton Custom 162 as I like riding fast and cruising powder.I wated ages before I jumped in but I was doing a season, had the chance to go round all the shops and blagged a seasonaires discount. They've been developing the custom for about 10 years so I thought is would be a safe bet. PLus it's an all-rounder.

The bindings in your pic seem to be set for piste riding with a little bit of jumping in mind. If you know you mates style of riding that might help.

It does have vewy pwetty grawphis doe :D As all us boarders are real posers at heart that helps loads

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
If you want to check the board has a bit of life left in it a quick way is to lie the board flat on the floor and press down between the bindings and see if the board goes up and down ,if it does it means there is still some spring left and it should be okay :hangloose

1 - 11 of 11 Posts