Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any recommendations of places to go :) will be taking the kids too :)

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ProfessorWheeto said:
Don't go to St Anton, Austria.
Possibly not the best place for my first boarding holiday. Lots of scary scary stuff :lol:
Had an awesome morning off piste on the powder though, never forget that. :D
not the place for the missus and kids then :D

·
Registered
45,845 Posts
my sis came 3rd in a competition on one of the hawaiian islands, i thought she was taking the pisss but sent the paper with the results in, that would be an excellent place to have a bash :)

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
any idea's on the french sites

·
Registered
11,045 Posts
Isn't Andorra supposed to be nice? And quite quiet as it's not a too well known place?

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
alxx_b said:
Isn't Andorra supposed to be nice? And quite quiet as it's not a too well known place?
i'll make a note of that one,thanks :)

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Andorra was excellent went at the begining of the year (lads week away) but we are thinking of taking the kids in a couple of years as soon a the little lad is old enough,only downer is depending on were you fly into the excersion between airport and andorra is around 3 1/2 - 4 hours :(

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
andorra is good to learn at..........

morzine is pretty, but a bit low (but then you have avoriaz up the mountain a bit)

go to the 3 valleys........maybe les menuires or val thorens for value for money and ultimate cruising!!

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
You could try Alpe d,huez in France thats quite good for kids as it has a skating rink, a swimming pool(indoor and out) a gym and they are all free coz you bought a lift pass
The slopes and lifts are good too and theres a specially made bit for sledging too :hangloose

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks everyone,today its check out these sites and a bit more house hunting :)

·
Registered
764 Posts
Soldeu in Andorra is the best resort, slap bag in the middle of it all. Good for learners and kids, but offering enough for the more seasoned snowboarder. Tignes in france is excellent. Avoid les deux alpes as all the runs into the resort are red or black and scares the hell out of beginners! Lavigno in italy is good, night life is great and its all tax free like Andorra! Whatever ya choose have fun, we're off to Andorra again... it'll be our clubs 9 snowboarding holiday!!

·
I'm not an addict... honest!
3,840 Posts
La Plagne is very family friendly. Try SilverSki. I worked in La Plagne with them last year. I can heartily recommend them.

Great chalets. Very family orientated. If you want to know more quite happy to answer any questions

1 - 17 of 17 Posts