Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 20 of 524 Posts

·
VZ Staff
24,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We has it. So far I've watched the last two series of Sons of Anarchy and have started to watch Better Call Saul. Any recommendations?

·
VZ Staff
24,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The Marvel Daredevil series was good. Currently working my way through Jessica Jones series now. Apparently they are getting the characters in place with their own series before The Defenders series.

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
1,216 Posts
I like netflix and amazon prime. I turn netflix on and off when i see fit. Orange is the new black has an awful lot of carpet licking on it. The storyline is quite good too.

·
VZ Staff
24,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The bridge. Excellant
House of cards . Pretty good
The good wife. Pretty good
Friday night lights. I really enjoyed it more than I thought I would
Gotham .
The only one of those I've seen is Gotham on terrestrial TV. I'll add the others to the list.

The Marvel Daredevil series was good. Currently working my way through Jessica Jones series now.
I've heard that Jessica Jones show is good. What's the story with Marvel Daredevil? Comicbook characters? Like Avengers or Agents of Shield?

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
52,414 Posts
The only one of those I've seen is Gotham on terrestrial TV. I'll add the others to the list.

I've heard that Jessica Jones show is good. What's the story with Marvel Daredevil? Comicbook characters? Like Avengers or Agents of Shield?
Daredevil is based after the Battle for New York in the first Avengers film. But is nothing like the other Marvel shows, it is much darker and more sinister. I loved Daredevil and am about to get into Jessica Jones. As said it will all come together with a Marvel's Defenders series, Luke Cage aka Powerman and Iron Fist are next. The first Daredevil series was Daredevil vs Wilson Fisk aka The Kingpin and the next will be Daredevil vs The Punisher.

·
Registered
195 Posts
To get real value out of your Netflix subscription, it's really worth subscribing to a cheap (or some are free) VPN service. In simple terms (for non-nerds!) it creates a secure connection between your machine and a server in the USA so that Netflix 'sees' you as connecting from America and lets you access the movies and shows available over there.

That way, you get access to a much larger selection of content:

Netflix UK: 3429 movies/shows

Netflix USA: 7169 movies/shows

Some of them are on both, so the total available is 8907 movies/shows :)

It doesn't matter what your address is or where your card is registered, they only look at the IP address you connect from to decide where you are and the VPN connection makes me appear to be connecting from San Clemente, California!

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,536 Posts
To get real value out of your Netflix subscription, it's really worth subscribing to a cheap VPN service. In simple terms (for non-nerds!) it creates a secure connection between your machine and a server in the USA so that Netflix 'sees' you as connecting from America.

That way, you get access to a much larger selection of content:

Netflix UK: 3429 movies/shows

Netflix USA:7169
I use Unblock US for this purpose, it works nicely.

I back up the previous suggestions, I've also just started watching Jessica Jones which seems pretty good so far.
If you get access to the US version, all 10 seasons of Supernatural are on there...personally I really like it, but I realise it is a bit of a marmite show for some. US also has all X Files and Twin Peaks series if you fancy going a bit retro :)

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
We are currently catching up with Homeland and Dexter. Half way through series 2 of Homeland, several (I think 4) series into Dexter it got a bit dull but then got interesting again. Netflix is great.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Recent things that have gotten me wanting more:
Hell on Wheels
Black Mirror
Daredevil

Also worth watching just because they're on there:
House
Black Mirror
Fawlty Towers
I'm Alan Partridge