Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But i just can't figure out what it is :crazy:

I've never seen a combination of sloping wings and europa bumpers on a late model before...

·
Help! I'm trapped in here
10,486 Posts
Probably just me on this one, but I think that's actually a really good look! Maybe replace the front bumper with the plain Europas and get wingtop indicators, mind.

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Ooh, wrong. I've seen a 1303 with that combo too. Bumpers are correct though - unless it's a 1200.
And putting a blade bumper on it won't fix it either - it'll be too high and people will larf at it.

·
I really must get out more
6,153 Posts
Europa bumpers on a 68 F plate are fine - the were standard fitment on the 1500, and the 1300.

But the headlights just look plain wrong.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
focus_driver said:
Europa bumpers on a 68 F plate are fine - the were standard fitment on the 1500, and the 1300.

But the headlights just look plain wrong.
I know about the bumpers, but i they still should be the Europa's with wing top indicators. And yeah, the headlights really dont work! What i meant in my first post was that i'd never seen a combination of Europas and sloping headlights on a car before.

·
I really must get out more
6,153 Posts
you're right in that it should have wing top indicators, and not the indicators in the bumper.

·
Registered
7,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wals92GTII said:
Gota say the 1st pic is feckin awful, but I have to say I am lovin your bug benrich :hangloose
Yeah, i agree, it really works well with the Porsche lenses in a kind of early German look style :D

·
Seasoned Chat Slut
2,986 Posts
Back in the day when i worked at the now defunct Beetle Shop a customer asked us to fit slopping headlights to a 1303!! They then came in one weekend and kicked off because we had cut the wings to graft the pre 67 headlight bowls in :eek: We did it eventually and our initial gut reactions were realised. It looked shit!! :D

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
benrich said:
what about slopers, europa bumpers and 911 lenses ;) :crazy:

I'm sorry but...

BLOODY HELL THAT LOOKS GOOD!
I've seen Remelle beetles with that combo and they look good too although they are dechromed

(first car still looks terrible though!)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts