Volkszone Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just heard the new bond song which is called

"They know my name" which sounds like a song i wrote about 3 years ago called "he knows my name" :eek: :eek: :eek:

and this is not the first time this has happen !!!

about 7 years ago i wrote a song called wire robots and low and behold flaming lips relised there robot song which sounded not million miles way from my song !!!! :eek: :eek:

and to top it all off you know that keen song somewere only we know i wrote a song along the same lines about the woods near our house when i was 17 !!! man why do's this keep happening to me now i play my song to people they say that sound like that keen song ARRRRRRR

·
Registered
21,202 Posts
Anyway you can prove you wrote the song first?

Neil Innes successfully sued Oasis for a song that sounded very like one he wrote for The Ruttles.

·
Registered
46,359 Posts
funky munky said:
I wrote a song once about Drops of rain repeatedly falling on my head, and another called The Beast's Number; and you'll never guessed what happened...
What? dont keep us in suspenders!

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pyro said:
This keeps happening with my jokes! :(
yep i'd noticed that :lol: :lol: ;)

AngelVenomous said:
Anyway you can prove you wrote the song first?

Neil Innes successfully sued Oasis for a song that sounded very like one he wrote for The Ruttles.
I can prove i wrote the songs as every song i ever writen i keep and dated in a songtype scrap book *geek* But my song are more "just on the same lines" so i could never really play them for people with them saying you'v copyed the tilte of that from that bond song etc

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've heard people say that when you write a song you should put a copy of it in an envelope and send it to yourself by recorded delivery. When you receive it, don't open it. You will then have dated proof that the song was written by you.

;)

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
maish said:
I've heard people say that when you write a song you should put a copy of it in an envelope and send it to yourself by recorded delivery. When you receive it, don't open it. You will then have dated proof that the song was written by you.

;)
someone else said that to us,, hopfully am going to do a website thingy with a few tunes on it when i get round to recording them hopefully should be running after xmas (ish)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Do a quick search on any song, titles aren't copyrighted, and neither are themes. You'll find tonnes of most songs with similar themes or identical titles. I'm about to release a single called 'Where Do You Go'
It doesn't follow a similar theme to anything out there, but you'll find half a dozen with the same title, it's all good :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts