Volkszone Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any decent cops on here,my girlfriend has just been done for doing 33 in a 30 zone....and they havnt even recorded the 33mph on the ticket,just put excessive speed 30...IS THIS RIGHT....IF IT IS WE WILL PAY THE FINE ,but it dont seem right to me...any help please..

·
Registered
13,088 Posts
i think whatever thats a bit bastardish!

normaly its anything over 31mph which is once again bastardish, although i would think you should be allowed upto a 10% inaccuracy of the speedo.

the only other thing is how were you caught? camera? gun? van?

cameras are fixed and cant really do much against them but hand held is inaccurate and in a van you could ask when it was last calibrated as life rolling round a van on our roads its going to be slightly out.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
We were told the other day (by a serving copper) that it was 10% plus 2mph was that they worked on for speeding!

It is discretional and also they into account the standard of your driving as well!!

I was hauled over in the rain the other night for doing 89mph in a 70 and it was suggested that I took more care in the wet!! Wasn't breathalised or anything just allowed to go - more slowly!!

Tbh if I had been fined and points it would have been what I deserved as in all fairness I had slowed down cos there was someone sat on my tail!

Emma

1 - 3 of 3 Posts